Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Guest Omega Man

http://www.bicyclere...b-freight-train

26 being scraped completely by some brands

is there a 14k 650b 140-150 travel bike out there??

Ja. Nice move by the cycling industry there. Forcing the consumers to adopt a new "standard". I've heard also that the tire manufacturers are in on the game and will only make 26 inch tires for DH bikes.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe after a year and maybe 2nd hand... but brand new... geesh, you'll struggle to get a 26" 140-150mm bike for that!

hey well a guy can dream .....

Ja. Nice move by the cycling industry there. Forcing the consumers to adopt a new "standard". I've heard also that the tire manufacturers are in on the game and will only make 26 inch tires for DH bikes.

It would be stupid to lose not supplying tyres to the current market. Sure 26 owners won't grow, but how many 26's are currently out there.. Can't see this making much business sense..

Well I rode that big beast this morning for the first time. It was just a 35km road ride as a setup spotter, and to see how it feels..

I've been riding a Yeti ASR5, with a Fox Float 160 up front, so it's quite relaxed.

The Yeti has been the best do it all bike for me so far. Doesnt excel in any one department, but climbs well enough, is stable at speed and decends rapidly. My only gripe has been turning in on sharp corners - the front never feels planted enough. I've tried many tyres and setup changes to give more cornering confidence, but it still isn't overly confidence inspiring. Great bike non the less.

Now this TB long travel comes along and presses the reset button for me. I'd never be caught dead on a 29'er I was still saying a couple of months ago.... I was blown away. I still need to ride it proper, but I suspect my Yeti will start to gather dust.

With the likes of Pivot, Transition, Rocky Mountain etc all chipping in with longer travel, slacker geometry big wheelers, I suspect we are going to see a lot more of them in the mountains ..

With the likes of Pivot, Transition, Rocky Mountain etc all chipping in with longer travel, slacker geometry big wheelers, I suspect we are going to see a lot more of them in the mountains ..

Not so much in our mountains... the big wheel riders here are crazy over carbon hardtail race bikes... and then they neuter them even more by going SS with a rigid fork. South Africa really does struggle with race-ism.

Well I rode that big beast this morning for the first time. It was just a 35km road ride as a setup spotter, and to see how it feels..

I've been riding a Yeti ASR5, with a Fox Float 160 up front, so it's quite relaxed.

The Yeti has been the best do it all bike for me so far. Doesnt excel in any one department, but climbs well enough, is stable at speed and decends rapidly. My only gripe has been turning in on sharp corners - the front never feels planted enough. I've tried many tyres and setup changes to give more cornering confidence, but it still isn't overly confidence inspiring. Great bike non the less.

Now this TB long travel comes along and presses the reset button for me. I'd never be caught dead on a 29'er I was still saying a couple of months ago.... I was blown away. I still need to ride it proper, but I suspect my Yeti will start to gather dust.

I think with 650b adoption across most manufacturers, focus will shift from trying to get extra travel onto a wagon wheel frame.. they could still push a few models but I think overall, the optimum travel has already been proven in the 29" format.

R&D from this point will go into 650b until 650a is proven to be the best number.. which it already has..

Okay, okay I know I'm desicrating the house of All Mountain, and it really is a trail bike ... But Peaty won a Downhill race on one and Cedric Gracia is racing one in 4 x Enduro next season ....

Santa Cruz Tallboy LT ...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/DragonReef5/IMG_0362.jpg

I'd like to see a shootout between the TB and the Trance X 29.. The frames are so different, I wonder what benefit Giant saw with such drastic manipulation??

Your bike is thread defiantly sexy.. but I did not actually say that!

I think with 650b adoption across most manufacturers, focus will shift from trying to get extra travel onto a wagon wheel frame.. they could still push a few models but I think overall, the optimum travel has already been proven in the 29" format.

R&D from this point will go into 650b until 650a is proven to be the best number.. which it already has..

Yip. Interesting to note that although most manufacturers jumped on the 650B bandwagon early on with products adapted or in some cases designed from the ground up, a lot of them are holding back on production and release till they know what the actual demand is.

Okay, okay I know I'm desicrating the house of All Mountain, and it really is a trail bike ... But Peaty won a Downhill race on one and Cedric Gracia is racing one in 4 x Enduro next season ....

Santa Cruz Tallboy LT ...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/DragonReef5/IMG_0362.jpg

So when are you getting a dropper post on that puppy?

• 2 weeks later...

WIDE bars http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

post-24109-0-87261300-1354873281_thumb.jpg

wow!! how much $$ if you dont mind me asking?