Riding up single track in Tokai

david16v

Single track in Tokai  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride the `downhill` and single track sections in Tokai?

• Yes - I ride down the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up and down the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up and down the Single tracks and ONLY down on the `downhill`
    • No - I have no technical experience
    • No - Its too dangerous to ride up the `downhill` and Single track sections

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. and the noticeable absence of David16v was felt by all.

Speaking of which.. did you guys see the rider cruising up the new section until he noticed we were digging on the trail..ha ha, he turned on a dime and hot-tailed it outta there.

Classic case.. It was a rider, riding up the downhill.. knowing he was wrong!

Sorry I couldnt make it!! Seems as if I was there MUCH MORE work would have been done!!

Saw you guys yesterday working very hard on the DH trails. I dont ride these kind of trails so have no interest whatsoever to help as my bike is for XC.

When you guys start a topic/maintenance about single track and solely single track, drop me a message. (The trails used by most XC riders)

Guest Omega Man

Sorry I couldnt make it!! Seems as if I was there MUCH MORE work would have been done!!

Saw you guys yesterday working very hard on the DH trails. I dont ride these kind of trails so have no interest whatsoever to help as my bike is for XC.

When you guys start a topic/maintenance about single track and solely single track, drop me a message. (The trails used by most XC riders)

There are maintenance days for XC routes. It's usually the same people doing the digging tho. And there doesn't seem to be a DH vs XC division. Just Mountain Bikers.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Yes, I believe they do have snaps and vids of the trip. Omega, when are you having a viewing?

Hey I just sold a 29er to a guy.. welcome back! he heh

Dude. There is a race there every year to mark the opening of the season. It's a "xc" race called the passportes du soleil. It's custom made for a dude like you. AM bikes mostly. There are a few dudes on DH bikes but their smiles are far less wide than the dudes on AM bikes. You would love it.

I dont ride these kind of trails..

.. except uphill, right?

No problem bud, XC track work is on the cards.. you may be rubbing shoulders with a few downhillers though, hope you are ok with that?

Dude. There is a race there every year to mark the opening of the season. It's a "xc" race called the passportes du soleil. It's custom made for a dude like you. AM bikes mostly. There are a few dudes on DH bikes but their smiles are far less wide than the dudes on AM bikes. You would love it.

You know I was supposed to be there wif you guys? Let me know when the happy snaps will be on display, I'll bring Richard, sure he'll dig to see what he missed?

he he

.. except uphill, right?

No problem bud, XC track work is on the cards.. you may be rubbing shoulders with a few downhillers though, hope you are ok with that?

Cool with that. I will show some of the DH riders how to ride up some single track! :lol:

• 5 months later...

IMBA rule does not make sense to me..

I get the feeling that okes voting for descenders to yield have shoddy technical skills themselves and have never hit Vasbyt etc at speeds of 35k's plus and have never had to try and stop on a sandy corner at that speed... - not easy!!!

Simple physics here - it takes alot more effort and risk to stop at 35km/h plus than to stop off at 8kmh in granny gear...

IMO, yield to descenders or potentially suffer an elbow in your face, easy!

Let it be known that the last couple of times I had to jump on the brakes was for DH'ers pushing their bikes up sgl track. I do too from time to time, but then make sure I'm WAAAAYYYY off the line, look FAAAAR ahead and not when it's a busy day out.

And yes, up yields for down.

This morning I was forced to ride back up a single track at tokai. I went down one of the tracks at got face to face with a couple of big baboons. I wasn't sure about they're temper so I went back up the track.