Shafted by Gumtree plonkers.!

Thomo

The same thing has been done to me by hubbers...

How was the hubber who was going to buy my bike and then after I put off several other interested parties, tells me : SOrry I bought anohter bike...

You get them all over...

When buying or selling I use the "cash is king" principle.

When buying if someone beats me to it with cash in hand then so be it - regardless of whether the seller has promised to hold the goods for me.

As a seller I'll hold something until somebody arrives with cash in hand before the holdee - in which case I'll sell the goods and let the other perspective buyers know. I have been given the "I'm gonna buy I swear" line followed by the "well you know I may swing by in a few weeks time" line too many times.

This whole "dibs" thing is bollocks.

Same as the store bought principle - if it's in stock you buy it - if it's out of stock you don't.

When buying or selling I use the "cash is king" principle.

When buying if someone beats me to it with cash in hand then so be it - regardless of whether the seller has promised to hold the goods for me.

As a seller I'll hold something until somebody arrives with cash in hand before the holdee - in which case I'll sell the goods and let the other perspective buyers know. I have been given the "I'm gonna buy I swear" line followed by the "well you know I may swing by in a few weeks time" line too many times.

This whole "dibs" thing is bollocks.

Same as the store bought principle - if it's in stock you buy it - if it's out of stock you don't.

Yay...someone who thinks like me.

Fully agree.

There is a bike on the Hub I want,but I cannot afford it now.If its there at the end of the month yay,if not tough titty

Junkmail is exactly the same!!! Bought a motorbike once and due to the distance asked my brother to have a look at the bike for me. To make a long story short, paid the person and while waiting for the money to show in his account, he let me know that he sold the bike to somebody else!!! Luckily for me the seller transferred the money back into my account though!! :thumbdown:

A work colleague is in the market for an off road caravan. He found one on some website for R120 000, the seller had posted some pictures of the caravan. This was, according to my colleague, a reasonable price.

He came accross the exact same pictures of a caravan on Gumtree that was for sale and the selling price was R43 000. The only difference in the pictures was that the one showing the number plate was not on Gumtree.

He emailed the seller, who claimed to have immigrated to the UK. The seller on Gumtree claimed that the caravan could not be viewed, however, upon payment of R43 000 it would be delivered to him.

This d*is on Gumtree obviously took the photos of a caravan from another site and then tried to shaft any potential buyer.

A work colleague is in the market for an off road caravan. He found one on some website for R120 000, the seller had posted some pictures of the caravan. This was, according to my colleague, a reasonable price.

He came accross the exact same pictures of a caravan on Gumtree that was for sale and the selling price was R43 000. The only difference in the pictures was that the one showing the number plate was not on Gumtree.

He emailed the seller, who claimed to have immigrated to the UK. The seller on Gumtree claimed that the caravan could not be viewed, however, upon payment of R43 000 it would be delivered to him.

This d*is on Gumtree obviously took the photos of a caravan from another site and then tried to shaft any potential buyer.

Remember that their are alot of idiots out their....

The same thing has been done to me by hubbers...

+1 :thumbdown:

So now tell me fair Hubbers.

Did you use the Seller Rating button to give a BIG :thumbdown: ??

Or did you leave it so others could get be :devil: ed the same way?

Pray Tell.