Setup Question - technical single track

Chubba

I am 182 and ride a medium zula. My setup is quite aggresive but you can still set it up quite relaxed. Have you got a 100mm travel fork? An 80mm will change your headtube angle and make you feel like you going over the bars. Like said previously, a longer stem will make worse. I ride my 100mm travel fork with a zero stack headset, 10mm spacers, 90cm stem and a 15mm rise bar. This bike is amazing!

Good luck and dont change the frame...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 182 and ride a medium zula. My setup is quite aggresive but you can still set it up quite relaxed. Have you got a 100mm travel fork? An 80mm will change your headtube angle and make you feel like you going over the bars. Like said previously, a longer stem will make worse. I ride my 100mm travel fork with a zero stack headset, 10mm spacers, 90cm stem and a 15mm rise bar. This bike is amazing!

Good luck and dont change the frame...

Made a few changes as suggested in the thread, and the bike feels a lot better:

1. Dropped the saddle post a couple cm’s.

2. Moved the brake levers a bit further up.

3. Changed the degree of the saddle slightly.

4. Have been playing with the RP23 shock rebound and on down journeys turn to propedal 1 for more play.

5. Still need to check the pressure in my fork as I have lost 6kg since it has been set so might be too hard.

Fork rebound not matched with rear suspension, front goes down and back pushes up! I know, had a few over the handlebar experiences myself. Adjusted the fork rebound and tried to match front and rear and now all much better. Also had to change the way I hold on to the bike on technical stuff, lighter grip on the front and don't be afraid to pull on the handlebars when going over stuff.