Am I just getting old or?.

Ox_Wagon

I did actaully make the mistake (apparently) to take this event of my calender . Did it two years ago and reminded me very much of a roadie race . Decided not to waste time again but I have been told that they have really made it more of a moutain bike race and I will return next year .

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love riding past the manne with the expensive bikes on "Tractor" my cheapie Wheeler hardtail. If the tyres are the right pressure you shouldnt have any hassles.

well said from a relative newbie. oi' date=' and where were you on sunday?
[/quote']

My apologies for not making it but my hardcore road buddy, can you believe it bought a blerry nice mtb and we went for a non technical first ride (Yeah Right). Hy het lekker neer gebliksem He He !!!!!!

Never thought I would say this. I want to sell my Nanotech Bianchi 928 to buy a decent mountainbike!!!!

A Dual taking something away from riding the trail I heard somebody say !!!! I have yet to see a HT fly past me on the downhill . A Dual is just streets ahead when it comes to the technical stuff . But yes on the flat dusty roads of Parys a few "cheap" bikes with reflectors on the wheels has over taken me . But there is no reason a so called cheap bike should be slower that my expensive bike ! Or is there ?

Just a general comment DR. Cant wait to buy a proper full suspension bike I cant believe I did not try MTB earlier. My problem is Im feeling so guilty not riding my expenive roadbike its standing in the garage while Im playing around on the MTB. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME???????

Love riding past the manne with the expensive bikes on "Tractor" my cheapie Wheeler hardtail. If the tyres are the right pressure you shouldnt have any hassles.

well said from a relative newbie. oi' date=' and where were you on sunday?
[/quote']

My apologies for not making it but my hardcore road buddy, can you believe it bought a blerry nice mtb and we went for a non technical first ride (Yeah Right). Hy het lekker neer gebliksem He He !!!!!!

Never thought I would say this. I want to sell my Nanotech Bianchi 928 to buy a decent mountainbike!!!!

i almost didn't make it - got home at 5 - felt horrid and rode like a girl (or like ewepWinkLOL). 

you should pop in and see the commen?als we've got in the shop nowThumbs%20Down

Mountain bike races are getting toooooooo easy...technical wise....these days, most of the races you spend so much time on dirt roads and the odd little singletrack. Glorified roadie events on dirt. So races that's a little bit more technical really stands out, like cradle to cave...that I missed, Induna, magalies monster etc. etc.

Mountain bike races are getting toooooooo easy...technical wise....these days' date=' most of the races you spend so much time on dirt roads and the odd little singletrack. Glorified roadie events on dirt. So races that's a little bit more technical really stands out, like cradle to cave...that I missed, Induna, magalies monster etc. etc. [/quote']

ClapClap

Kritzie you are very normal . My not so expensive road bike gets to see sunlight twice a year at the Argus and 94.7 . Next year it will only get out once so I might as well swop it for a Greg Minaar poster !

I did all 10 events in the Mazda Series this year and can tell you that Crater Cruise was one of the tougher races. The new course with some testing, technical bits and the long distance are the keys to its difficulty. I rode Crater Cruise on my Old Faithful Raleigh RM7 aluminium hardtail.

Toughest race in the Series overall was probably Koranna in the Free State. So glad I got to ride it on the Tomac Carbide XC dual susser!

It comes down to conditioning. The top guys race most events on hardtails, but they're physically and mentally tuned to do so. (Quality) dual suspension is a great leveller when you're bringing age, weight and sub-par fitness levels to tough races...

Sean Badenhorst2007-11-27 01:44:22

[quote=holy roller

i almost didn't make it - got home at 5 - felt horrid and rode like a girl (or like ewepWinkLOL). 

Why the thumbs down Confused

[quote=holy roller

Was about to ask the same question.Angry I will blame it on the hangover that hasn't cleared yet.Wink

[quote=holy roller

Was about to ask the same question.Angry I will blame it on the hangover that hasn't cleared yet.Wink

oopsEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

hopefully it's not too late for thisThumbs%20Up

kritzie, they're beaut. i won't be at the shop for long on sat as i gotta go to the 24-hour. 
holy roller2007-11-27 02:31:04

Holy Im set for tonight a bit aprehensive about riding in the dark though, havent done Groenkloof yet, might as well in the dark or what!!!!!

Holy Im set for tonight a bit aprehensive about riding in the dark though' date=' havent done Groenkloof yet, might as well in the dark or what!!!!![/quote']

Kritzie, Groenkloof is great. Hadn't ridden there for a while, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of flowing single tracks. Flowing but not extremely technical. The "rock garden" will be technical at night. Not sure if the course goes through it, though.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After looking at all the hubber advise I decided skip a few intermediate steps and go as high-tech as possible??.

20071130_044031_010803top.jpg

Front Suspension travel: 11.3?

Rear Suspension travel: 11.6?

Front Tire width: 3.15?

Rear Tire width: 4.75?

It should make short work of any marathon event.  I will definitively feel fresher after an event on one of these.Embarrassed

PS: It comes standard with mud guards.Big%20smile

Ox_Wagon2007-11-30 04:56:05