Race Organisers - I Hate You!!!!

LukeV-2

I do private jobs (small houses, additions, etc) on the side, but that barely covers petrol.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drongo, dont call me SON!! Take me seriously, I am not inferior to you!!

Pieter,Where is that race, thats the kind of price i want to see.

mtbee, Lower the price, up the entries. Simple logic, studied in a silly BA.

you really are needing to learn a few things Son. You want everything. You want to race, you want to train, you want a degree. You want everything and you want it now. Well it aint going to happen. Get a grip. Sacrifice something if you want to race.

I am not canoeing due to time constraints, to clear that up.

Student cards are not easy to fake.

I'm studying architecture, known for its work load being huge.

I cant remeber who said it, but studying isnt 30 000 for 4 years, its around 30 000 a year, cant expect parents to pay that and all your other expenses.

Some people who arent in the situation wont understand. But i am glad to see some people are agreeing with me. I get the feeling that students arent being taken seriously because people feel we ae still wet behind the ears.

THERE IS NO TIME FOR A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as said before.

Dude you make my point, I said its 30k per year, so you actually have 120k over 4 years. Damn right there is no way you can expect your folks to pay anymore than that.

I was a student too and studied something which required 4 years of study as well as board exams over 3 years of working long hours for well below market related salary. It was not easy, I had very little time as well but I can't complain because i was fortunate enough that my folks could afford my university fees.

I sympathise because it sucks not be able to afford things now, but in a few years you will be able to and you will appreciate stuff more.

I also do music production/mastering on the side,

I wouldnt be complaining if it made me enough cash to enter the races, im not such a lazy ass. I just cant do something that commits every thur fri sat or whatever.

Draughting and music is done when i have the chance, its not a regular thing.

Edited by Fruity

Drongo, dont call me SON!! Take me seriously, I am not inferior to you!!

Pieter,Where is that race, thats the kind of price i want to see.

mtbee, Lower the price, up the entries. Simple logic, studied in a silly BA.

Its at Tarlton international race way e-mail sionspoort@lantic.net for more info its called the Randfotein EPR cycle chalange. They have a 60km route for R110. They say non-members: day licence applicable but no one could tell me what the cost of this is...

I wouldnt be complaining if it made me enough cash to enter the races, im not such a lazy ass. I just cant do something that commits every thur fri sat or whatever.

Cause you are out jolling with your mates and chasing skirt hmmm?

No sympathy...none niks nada. :thumbdown:

Its amazing, 1000's of students work part time but he hasnt the time? Friday night saturday sunday?

maybe spend less time on hub and study/work more ????

Only if studying something silly... huh? Why is that??

How do u have time to canoe and cycle? How many holidays do u get a year??

OH and what are you studying that is so important???

It's either Rocket Science or its not Rocket Science, as far as I can make out.

A student can only get a job if they are studying something silly like a BA or something.

All students have student cards, one would just need to present that, and yes i have seen how the races are organised "from the other side" and i know that the rate can be cheaper.

I have no time for a student job, even in the holidays we get projects.

The times are changing.

Entering the Dusi, a 3 day canoe race from PMB to DBn, is only like R300 for students, if that, it is far more worthwhile and the price is justified. You get food, beer, powerade, t shirts, thousands of free samples, amazing girls to welcome you at the end and a prepared route like none other.

CSA has to wake up in life, and the race organisers.

I just finished studying full time(BSc Quantity Surveying) where I had classes everyday and also had one **** load of projects throughout the course. I had a part time job at a bike shop close to campus, where instead of lazing around under trees and on campus like most students do between periods I went and worked.

Weekends I also worked including holidays, no December holidays as well as I worked through. I had a hectic schedule but I made it work, made time for my studies and could train and race once a month. Oh and my social life was not great but ok. Now I finished studying full time, have a day job and I am busy completing my honors.

Don't give me that bullsh1t story of no time at varsity <_< its about your priorities!

What a load of bollocks, what are you studying that you can't get a part time job?

Some of my best mates that have studied as Architects and Mech Engineers at Varsity all had part-time jobs. Both probably being the two degrees that suck up all your free time.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. It sucked and even the salary still sucks. I know I had time to have a job but I chose to do nothing..... good thing I wasn't cycling back then :D

Slowbee stop speculating.

speculating? oh today is a good day.

you want to enter races. you cant enter races, its to expensive i.e. you dont have money.

so you need to make money to enter. But you cant becuase you are to busy with other things. You dont want to give up those other things to make money. You dont want to not enter races and wait till you can afford it. You dont want to make time.

sheesh, its seems you want alot of things ....

Cause you are out jolling with your mates and chasing skirt hmmm?

No sympathy...none niks nada. :thumbdown:

Haha, whatever, i dont need your sympathy,

to clarify, Fridays are Crit days, so thurs night is always a late one.

it started off as a mature topic, but then turned into a full out attack on me, with people trying to offer life lessons and stuff. haha

I just finished studying full time(BSc Quantity Surveying) where I had classes everyday and also had one **** load of projects throughout the course. I had a part time job at a bike shop close to campus, where instead of lazing around under trees and on campus like most students do between periods I went and worked.

Weekends I also worked including holidays, no December holidays as well as I worked through. I had a hectic schedule but I made it work, made time for my studies and could train and race once a month. Oh and my social life was not great but ok. Now I finished studying full time, have a day job and I am busy completing my honors.

Don't give me that bullsh1t story of no time at varsity dry.gif its about your priorities!

Fruity, make like this oke ! Simple.

and because I am in one grumpy mood - do you want your holiday's? or do you want to race ?