Bike Insurance

awesme

Hi,

Want to insure my bike with my other belongings and was shocked at the premium quoted. what premium are you paying for what value bike?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have lots of bikes of high value then Compendium is hard to beat. They have a special that they only charge you for the 1st bike and the others are free. they also insure bikes with values of mre than R50 000 which a lot of other companys wont.

I insure all my stuff with Zurich. My broker has gotten me a deal in which I only pay R118.00 for my Morewood Zula for which I have insured for R30 000.00.

After speaking to some mates I am told that my premium is really good ....

Im with Cyclesure, and have never had a problem with them in the 6 years that they have insured my bikes (and yes I have claimes a few times) I even added my household contents and motorcycle to my policy, as they quoted me the best combined rates.

As far as the bikes go, my premiums are at around 6% of the insured value, (annual premiums against value) which I beleive is pretty good as the norm is about 8.5%.

Around R100 a month for R21k. Specified all risks item including all extras. Not covered for competition use though.

Edit: Sorry, through Mutual and Federal.

Edited by Grebel

Around R100 a month for R21k. Specified all risks item including all extras. Not covered for competition use though.

Edit: Sorry, through Mutual and Federal.

About the same, not sure through who as the broker set it up, covered for competition use as well though

About the same, not sure through who as the broker set it up, covered for competition use as well though

Lucky! My broker said no way. Not at that price. I know Cyclesure do competition coverage. Who is to say that the damage didn't occur out of competition though...

Edited by Grebel

Lucky! My broker said no way. Not at that price. I know Cyclesure do competition coverage. Who is to say that the damage didn't occur out of competition though...

MiWay does special bike insurance, my R22K bike insured at R110 a month, including competitions, transport, even on a plane to a competition.

Edited by ibruegge

I think I need to give both Miway and Cyclesure a call.

Ever had to claim through them and had an easy ride...?

I've had two claims through cyclesure, and the service was excellent both times. The second time they paid me in cash as i'd already replaced the damaged part. It took them three days to put the money in my account from the date of claim!

Got hit by a car two weeks ago, and although I am under insured a little, Cyclesure paid out with not too much fuss - new frame, wheels, saddle bars and pedals. They'll also take up my claim with the driver's insurance company for additional costs like damage to my shoes, cost of rebuilding the bike etc. All in all - a positive insurance experience.

when you claim, with anybody for example - do they pay you out a percent of the value of the bike if your claiming for say a cracked frame? or do they collect the bike and pay your for full insured value? how does each insurance company work on a ckaim like cracked frame?

I Pay R92 for R12k cover at miway am i being ripped off then?

I updated my policy with miway 5minutes ago, R83 for R20k on my morewood Zula. So yes they rip you off.

Edited by koukie