Extra Small Ladies MTB

Karakoram

Yes, we tried a Mongoose (s), Schwinn (s), Silverback (s) and Giant (XS) frames, but the bar was too high on all of the previous. Must say all were men's frames. There were no female-specific frames available. Ek dink 'n dames raam met 'n geboee pyp kan dalk werk, maar daar is nie tans enige voorraad beskikbaar nie. Miskien moet ons maar wag totdat die 2012 fietse inkom.

You must give Greg Solomons @Olympic Cycles a call. He has a ladies specific xs anthem. He also xs trance but I dont think its ladies specific.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must give Greg Solomons @Olympic Cycles a call. He has a ladies specific xs anthem. He also xs trance but I dont think its ladies specific.

Thanks, I've taken a look at the Anthem's geometry and noted that the stand-over height is given as 79.4cm. My wife's inseam length is 64cm. The only bike I could find with a low enough top tube height(60.2cm) is the Ghost Miss 2000 model. Unfortunately they're all sold out. I never thought it would be this difficult to find a midget MTB.

You say in the first post that you're looking for a hardtail. We at Giant currently have these models in XS : Revel 2 Womens White, Revel 3 Blue, Revel 1 Grey, Talon 3 Blue, and XTC SE 2 White. These are all 2011 models and in stock (some are only 1's and do move fast). Check the bikes at www.giant-bicycles.com/en-za and give you biggest Giant dealer a call. We're in CT and if it's sorted with you LBS before 10am it'll get delivered the same day.

You say in the first post that you're looking for a hardtail. We at Giant currently have these models in XS : Revel 2 Womens White, Revel 3 Blue, Revel 1 Grey, Talon 3 Blue, and XTC SE 2 White. These are all 2011 models and in stock (some are only 1's and do move fast). Check the bikes at www.giant-bicycles.com/en-za and give you biggest Giant dealer a call. We're in CT and if it's sorted with you LBS before 10am it'll get delivered the same day.

We tried the Talon 3 XS at our LBS in Somerset West, but the dear missus had to stand on her toes to barely clear the bar. The Revel 2 W XS has a step-through frame. The geometry table on the Giant website must be wrong. The standover height is given as 69.3 inches. Even in cm the height must be wrong. How is it measured on a step-through frame?

Did you actually bother to read the whole thread? If you did then you would have gone and measured your bikes standover height and added something positive instead of just touting your products.

A while back Intense produced a small run of XSmall Spider VPP's. Aka_flipper's wife had one, they are trying to sell it...

He's on this forum: aka_flipper

A while back Intense produced a small run of XSmall Spider VPP's. Aka_flipper's wife had one, they are trying to sell it...

He's on this forum: aka_flipper

Thanks, I will check out the lead as soon as we've resolved cancelling our order with Chain Reaction Cycles.

Sorry for the delay. I don't sit on the net all day. I'm def not trying to push product. I saw the quiery and knowing that most stores don't stock smaller size bikes I thought I'd give the OP some insight into what he could ask for when visiting a store.

Most people complain that brands show no customer support. I'm only trying to help.

I unboxed a bike and set it up with a spare front wheel.

My link 1

My link 2

The bike does have an entry level spec but any LBS would do upgrades on wheels, fork or groupset.

I've also found a 2009 Halo 2 in 14.5in. My link I'll measure that up in a moment if you're interested?

Edited by Ghostface

Sorry for the delay. I don't sit on the net all day. I'm def not trying to push product. I saw the quiery and knowing that most stores don't stock smaller size bikes I thought I'd give the OP some insight into what he could ask for when visiting a store.

Most people complain that brands show no customer support. I'm only trying to help.

My link 1

My link 2

The bike does have an entry level spec but any LBS would do upgrades on wheels, fork or groupset.

I've also found a 2009 Halo 2 in 14.5in. My link I'll measure that up in a moment if you're interested?

Thank you for all your trouble, it is much appreciated. When we started hunting for a bike for my wife, Giant Bicycles were prepared to send a brand new XS Talon 2 men's bicycle to our local LBS (William's Bike Shop), with no obligation, to try out. We were super impressed with the effort. Unfortunately turned out to be a touch too big for her.

It looks like the Revel 2 model could work. I will contact William and ask his opinion, since he did the original bike-fitting for my wife.

Will be in touch soon. Thanks again.

High heeled cycling shoes to increase standover vs inseam ratio? She may start a trend, and where better than on the wacky world of the Hub.

My link 1

My link 2

Dear ghostface could you please contact my LBS (William's Bike Shop on 021-851 0919) regarding the Revel 2 XS frame. William is also trying from his end to contact Giant Cape Town to secure the bike.

Edited by Karakoram

High heeled cycling shoes to increase standover vs inseam ratio? She may start a trend, and where better than on the wacky world of the Hub.

Yea, she's got a pair of ABBA 60's type platform shoes she wore to a fancy dress once, maybe we should fit cleats to those. My wife drives a 2 seater Smart car and she has to move the driver's seat so far forward to reach the controls that I think there would almost be enough room to store her bike behind the seat (when we eventually locate a suitable frame) : )

We're having a good laugh about this bicycle hunting thing for her. The other day I got a real surprised look when I suggested that she take look at a Giant bicycle...

KARAKORAM,will a 14,5" Giant frame work for your wife or not ?

It seems that only a step-through frame design will work for her. We managed to locate a Giant Revel 2 XS thanks to Hubber 'ghostface's' efforts.