Extra Small Ladies MTB

Karakoram

Done. Bike will be at Williams tomorrow afternoon.

Great service, thanks a lot - wife also likes the colour. Who would have thought a Giant would be able to solve my 'tiny' problem?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Karokaram, a great sense of humour is such an important thing - keep it for when you ride together - it will be invaluable!

Karokaram, a great sense of humour is such an important thing - keep it for when you ride together - it will be invaluable!

Very good advice. Guess that is exactly the same reason why tour guides try not to put a husband and a wife in the same canoe. Humour vanishes rapidly when the rapids become tricky. Going on a tandem is probably the same.

My wife is 1.50m (short) and we got her a Cannondale Trail SL in a size Small. I see they do make a size smaller (Petite). Here is a link to the bike we got and my wife loves it.

http://www.cannondale.com/zaf/2011/bikes/womens/womens-hardtail/womens-hardtail-trail/2011-trail-sl-womens-3

Hi Grondpad. Thanks for the pointer. Just to give you an idea of the size hurdle we have to clear: My wife is barely able to stand over a standard 26" mountain bike wheel. Any top tube located higher than the bicycle's wheel presents a problem. Following this little stand-over experiment, we realised that the only frame we could consider is a step-through design such as the Giant Revel 2 or used often used on female cross bikes. The other problem is stock levels. 2011 Extra small bicycles are sold out at most places. Suppliers view this size bike as a Christmas purchase and seem to only bring these in later in the year in limited quantities.

Have u tried the merida tfs 100d 14.5 inch 37 cm with a stand over height of 64cm my wife has one and loves it

Singletrek had a 15inch Treck 8500 Zr9000 frame for sale. Don't know if he has sold it but send him a message. They are great light aluminium frames. Just got a medium for my GF.

One standing at my lbs at R4500 good price I think

Thank you for the feedback.

Our LBS is busy assembling a new Giant cycle for my wife, which she hope to try out this afternoon. I'm sure holding thumbs that all goes well with the stand-over clearance. If the frame size problem still persists after today, I'll follow up your lead.

Maybe a picture of the final result will be an appropriate conclusion to this thread.

Must say that it's been extremely informative to get so much feedback from The Hub community, you guys and gals 'rock' and helped a great deal to solve our problem. Thanks from the Venters.

Done. Bike will be at Williams tomorrow afternoon.

This fairy tale does not have a happy ending, yet. By yesterday afternoon (1 August) the bicycle was still not ready for collection. It was delivered late (29 July) and when it arrived, two of the chain ring blades were damaged (bent). LBS still awaiting replacement spares...

This fairy tale does not have a happy ending, yet. By yesterday afternoon (1 August) the bicycle was still not ready for collection. It was delivered late (29 July) and when it arrived, two of the chain ring blades were damaged (bent). LBS still awaiting replacement spares...

But does it fit your wife?

But does it fit your wife?

Yes, she was able to sit on it and the step-through frame design works very well.

Finally! We took delivery of the bicycle yesterday afternoon. On such a small frame there is hardly any place to mount a water bottle cage, hence the position on the handlebar.

The bike has an awesome granny gear. No, not the pink one on the saddle :)

The test ride in blustery conditions went very well.

post-19702-0-92854500-1312436966.jpg

post-19702-0-20761400-1312436985.jpg