My Day In Hell

Azonic

I don't want to come across the wrong way here, but surely it's not as disastrous as that. I'd thumbsuck R2k tops to get it absolute spick and span. I know it's way more than a discretionary spend, but not enough to warrant court action imho

If the bike was submerged and muddied etc. it'll be in a bad way and needs a rebuild. all mechanical parts should be fine once cleaned. but apart from grease/seals/cables what needs to be replaced? most of the cost should be labour. Reckon every finisher of Imana wild ride does this after the event.

or am i a bit off centre here?

For sure, its mostly just labour. But why should I pay for his stupidity? Sounds prime for a small courts claim.

I have just ordered this wagon, I will get all my parts cleaned and rebuilt, and then sell everything off this bike that I can and use my existing components, seeing they saw only this one ride and were stuff.

http://kayalamicycles.co.za/images/stories/merida/merida-mountain-bikes/carbon90six2000d//carbon90six2000d.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26'er. I've got too much 26'er stuff at home to just dump the whole lot. AM Classic wheels, tyres, etc. Would be a huge waste.

For sure, its mostly just labour. But why should I pay for his stupidity? Sounds prime for a small courts claim.

I have just ordered this wagon, I will get all my parts cleaned and rebuilt, and then sell everything off this bike that I can and use my existing components, seeing they saw only this one ride and were stuff.

http://kayalamicycles.co.za/images/stories/merida/merida-mountain-bikes/carbon90six2000d//carbon90six2000d.jpg

I think you just made up the whole story so you have a decent excuse to tell the wife :)

I've had days on the bike when I just felt like lying down and crying. But yours was HECTIC! (One day you'll laugh about it. I think.)

Dude! :o Don't play!!!!

Took a drive around Jbay yesterday, and a lot of people need those to get to their homes, especially in Paradise Beach, for those who know the area :o

I believe they have changed the name of that new republic to

THE ISLE OF ST FRANCIS.

post-14134-0-57312000-1311832434.jpg

This is what makes mountain biking - its a great way to get around irrespective of the elements. You just have to realize that like anything, water and mud conspire to accelerate wear. If you going to ride in the rain (a) expect to get wet and (B) wear on your bike will be accelerated. Park the idea of court action - nothing is more ludicrous. It was your choice to enter and you participated under free will. I had a great time and thought the event was very well organized and the organizers did a great job under the conditions. We need to support every event we can get in the region and the Kouga Challenge is a great addition. An event such as the St Francis race (in dry conditions) probably does more damage to a bike than Sundays flooded Kouga challenge. Why? Sea sand is more of a grinding paste than wet fynbos. The Imana comparison is apt. Basically you write off your bike once you ride it (swimming rivers and beach riding) so whats different with the Kouga race? Well done to the organizers and may you go from strength to strength in future events!

Oh, and one more thing. Its not like it was salt water in the back of the bakkie. It was fresh water and the dunk probably did not wear anything - only cleaned the bike. The real wear comes from a combination of water and mud (or salt), not from the water itself.

Edited by geotrailing

what a twat. you could probably have walked back instead of going through that ordeal. the mind boggles on a daily basis.

I think you will battle to get frikkie to pay - but if you want to make him feel like a real ****, we should find out frikkies identity and let this story go viral! :thumbup:

Sounds like a really k@k day!

U still doing Trans?

Howzit T. Yeah I'm still doing Trans. New bike should be here tomorrow. I'm going to get everything rebuilt and repaired that I can and put it on the new bike and sell all those parts off as new. Cause it will be new.

what a twat. you could probably have walked back instead of going through that ordeal. the mind boggles on a daily basis.

I think you will battle to get frikkie to pay - but if you want to make him feel like a real ****, we should find out frikkies identity and let this story go viral! :thumbup:

I know Frikkie's real identity....

Hope u gave Frikkie a moerse klap after this ?? :angry:

Not a klap, no, but "Jou f_kkin stupid d__s" went through my mind a few times.