My Day In Hell

Azonic

Dude even while I was k@k cold and not ammused at all, I found it funny as I couldn't believe things could go so bad in one day. The whole episode from the bike breaking to getting back to the start/finish was about 4 hours.

JB - Here is the recently launched official Kouga MTB racing gear :P

post-14134-0-76853500-1311690617.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Azonic

If it'll make you feel any better, I know guys like "Frikkie", and I can assure you that the damage and hassle you have sustained, is NOTHING compared to what "Frikkie's" wife will make him suffer through for years to come, for stuffing up that expensive new bakkie that he bought with the money she wanted to use for a new kitchen!

DJR, its a company car dude, no skin off his back.

I just gave my bike a once over. It is pretty much written off. rear jockey is full of sand, X0 twisters is full of sand, fork is forked, all the bearings in the bike are forked. Brakes feel stuffed.

I'm considering talking to me lawyer to get Frikkie to pay for my damages, cause its going to be thousands.

JB - Here is the recently launched official Kouga MTB racing gear :P

post-14134-0-76853500-1311690617.jpg

Dude! :o Don't play!!!!

Took a drive around Jbay yesterday, and a lot of people need those to get to their homes, especially in Paradise Beach, for those who know the area :o

DJR, its a company car dude, no skin off his back.

I just gave my bike a once over. It is pretty much written off. rear jockey is full of sand, X0 twisters is full of sand, fork is forked, all the bearings in the bike are forked. Brakes feel stuffed.

I'm considering talking to me lawyer to get Frikkie to pay for my damages, cause its going to be thousands.

I would do that...that is a lot of damage there...bugger :angry:

There I was in about 5 degree, wet and windy conditions....SNIP....

Shivers, not cute little shivers, the kind where you shake uncontrollibly. Cold, wind.... SNIP....

I've got a nice cold breeze blowing on the back of my neck....

Classic story, luckily you can look back and still laugh / cry about it.

I always wondered if it was worth while carrying that space blanket around that many mtb races recommend / insist on.

Not sure how much it would have helped in your situation tho but food for thought next time someone thinks about what to put in their backpack. Just imagine no one found you or you were unable to walk for help.....

Great story, glad to hear that apart from your bike nothing to serious happened.

Dude even while I was k@k cold and not ammused at all, I found it funny as I couldn't believe things could go so bad in one day. The whole episode from the bike breaking to getting back to the start/finish was about 4 hours.

Hectic story but ja I know what you mean there - when you think about ALL the things that went just perfectly wrong along the way to get you stuck in an absolutely ridiculous situation that has you just thinking 'how the f*ck did that just happen???' Boy I've had a few laugh.gif. But seriously glad you walked away with nothing worse than dampened spirits and stuffed bearings.

Stuffed bearings, stuffed shifters, stuffed jockey, brakes feel very sh1tty, have to redo the whole bike.

My bikes aren't insured, they sleep in a safe location and I'm very protective about my stuff. This was out of my control.

My bikes aren't insured, they sleep in a safe location and I'm very protective about my stuff. This was out of my control.

My bikes are also kept safe at night.

I hate paying for something every month that i might never need, but when things happen that are out of your control, insurance is a good thing to have!

Look into it, wont do you any harm.

I can afford R200+ every month but I probably cant afford to replace a R35k bike at a drop of a hat.

I don't want to come across the wrong way here, but surely it's not as disastrous as that. I'd thumbsuck R2k tops to get it absolute spick and span. I know it's way more than a discretionary spend, but not enough to warrant court action imho

If the bike was submerged and muddied etc. it'll be in a bad way and needs a rebuild. all mechanical parts should be fine once cleaned. but apart from grease/seals/cables what needs to be replaced? most of the cost should be labour. Reckon every finisher of Imana wild ride does this after the event.

or am i a bit off centre here?

Dis nou waar jy sê "what an idiot", wat het hy gedink om in die "rivier" in tery.

I can just amagine how gatvol you were!