My Day In Hell

Azonic

You NEVER EVER EVER cross water without walking it through to the other side!!!!!!!!!! GOLDEN RULE of a true 4x4er

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a member on the 4x4 community i will put it up there if i get the go ahead from the author!!??

wow, cool story...some

paragraph breaks might make it easier reading! not many people will have stories of escaping a submerged car.

While i do agree with you on the rambo frikkie being over the top, i think it'sunfair to blame all your drivetrain damage on him. as long as you didn't ride anything further what you need is a thorough regreasing. and it's not like the maelstrom wasn't forecasted!

Sawdust, I know those sites. I saw that Windguru was predicting 8-9 rain the whole day, but this was the only and last time I would have been able to train with my Trans partner so we have to do it. All would have been well had I been in a rescue vehicle with sense. Oh NO-ONE finished the 135km race, everyone was picked up on the route.

I am a member on the 4x4 community i will put it up there if i get the go ahead from the author!!??

Go for it my son. I'm not a member and don't feel like registering now.

*** at the time, but a comedy of events. Thanks for the laugh!

You are very lucky that canopy was unlocked!

the lengths people will get into to get some extra x terra training in is amazing. <_< this one of those stories that will be better to stomach as time goes by.i am glad you survived your ordeal.pity about the bike damage though.hope baviaans goes well.

Lucky you didn't get injured when your frame snapped. Just sayin - could have been worse if you punctured your spleen. Glad the rest turned out ok if not great.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling

I just hope Trans will be better than this. My TB partner and I spent some time together over pizza and red wine. That was our spanbou session for the day.

At least you know now how not to cross a river........ couldn't ask for better training for the TB though :lol: glad you live to tell the tale !! Pump up on Vit C for the cold/flu.....

You NEVER EVER EVER cross water without walking it through to the other side!!!!!!!!!! GOLDEN RULE of a true 4x4er

Most 4x4ers walk on top of the water.

Glad you are ok after it all. Personally I think it's worth sacrificing a drive chain for a story like that ;) .