Riding up the tokai dh track . Again.

jimmy hardtail

Few manage that consistently and many are not as honest about it as you are.

Funny how one of the most difficult bits to ride up, has almost naturally become an uphill only bit of singletrack. I've absolutely NEVER encountered someone riding down Pufadder.

Btw, do you know why it is called Pufadder? - Because it's short, fat and deadly.

Same never seen anyone or ridden down it myself. Its a head game that, one made it a few times pushed a load more :lol:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its only the top berm that is an issue then there is an alternate route just before the root section off to the right.

This can be the one way up and then the start of vasbyt(berm) can be the one way down to the root section.

See pic attached.

You can see the blue line which is my actual route taken, NOTICE: NOT UP VASBYT (BERM)

I have added red arrows to show the up and down routes.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/david16v/vasbyt.jpg

Cool, I'm game for this. The berm is the most dangerous spot by far. Finally we're getting somewhere.

I cant believe it! It seems like we are finally all agreeing on this issue for once. When the old dh track is fixed up then there will be a one way dh track all the way down and everyone will be happy and smile and say hello to each other like we did 10 years ago . Well done. Class dismissed

Killer idea. Throw some big booters and that little gap jump. Perfect end to the day.

Ridden down poofadder a couple of times. The problem is that it doesnt really go anywhere. And its all sand.

I love that little fat one. I make a point to do it now and then.

can someone please tell me where Puffadder is?

I'm hopeless with names!

Its the little steep one that comes out on the road just down from mamba and boomslang.

Its the little steep one that comes out on the road just down from mamba and boomslang.

Ah, with you. I do that one ALL the time. I can ride up it, what's wrong with all you guys!

Stir..

Stir..

Ah, with you. I do that one ALL the time. I can ride up it, what's wrong with all you guys!

Stir..

Stir..

Boil, bubble, spit!

Heh - that is a killer section of track. Last time I made it up there I was 10kg lighter, and a lot fitter! It's a lekker section, for sure.

Puff puff puff. Spin those legs!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WELL DONE GUYS ... ok so now that everyone is in agreement

1)get some signs made for the trails

2) ask the dudes from irideafrica to put on little arrows onto their map showing the trail directions ... then post it on here and

3) have a main irideafrica trail map blown up and put in the car park at Tokai where you pay so everyone can read it!!!!

Thanks Nigel,

Signs were presented about 3 weeks ago, you've not had any dealing with SANParks in approval matters, right? I am re-presenting this morning.. again.

But don't fear everyone.. signs will come and are priority at the mo.

you've not had any dealing with SANParks in approval matters, right?

No .. thank god ... but if they are anything like SAPPI ... OMG ... the amount of bull***t is astounding ... but ... it is their land so i suppose they have every right to get shirty!

I now ONLY deal with Mondi and NCT Forestry to get access for tracks its just SO much easier!