Carte Blanche expose

Cippo

Hi guys

first, great job Carte Blance, it all starts with general public awareness.

so, how do we proof ownership at one of these road blocks. Are we now to carry some sort of proof, showing serial number, plus shop name, our name and then ID and then hope the bike have a serial number stamped some where.

G

The bicycle road block was quite clever.

Edited by awesme

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

? I'm not sure why you have posted this response. Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I asked some valid questions, which I'd like addressed before I donate any money.

Please refrain from hijacking my post, which asked valid questions, ones that I'm sure will have answers at some point.

What about my questions, MJ, made you post this response btw?

I'm happy to donate a healthy sum to this cause, but I expect this to be dealt with in a proper fashion. Any problems? PM me then.

edit: oh, and as an outsider, by reading those Cyclelab terms and conditions, it looks like a tacit attempt at marketing guised as philanthropy. It smacks of bad taste and defeats the altruistic nature of such an exercise. Why should I be subject to spam and waiving my rights in order to help with a donation?

Please contact Andrew McLean directly and he will hopefully be able to answer any questions that you have. We opted to use the "entry portal" for the donations as it was already set up and running and most people have probably already entered races there and I don't think that anyone has been spammed as a result. The "Terms and Conditions" that you see are the standard entry terms and conditions for 90% + of the races that you enter in this country. We are not trying to hide anything here but it is very difficult to advertise to all exactly what the PI is doing and achieving as this will jeopardize the investigation. As of yesterday 38 people had donated in the region of R6000 and every last cent of this was spent on the PI last month.

Hi guys

so, how do we proof ownership at one of these road blocks. Are we now to carry some sort of proof, showing serial number, plus shop name, our name and then ID and then hope the bike have a serial number stamped some where.

G

Was wondering the same (but didnt dare mention this for fear of being 'Nanny beaten'). There are actually legal requirements.

unsubscribing to this thread. Too many aggro "I think I know it all" okes on here. Later guys. Have fun opening up every truck that crosses the border.

Another suggestion. O forget it. Maybe one day I'll come and open this up and say "I Told You So"

No aggro at all, but what, people can't disagree and point out opposing points? Lest that's too "know it all"

Then ironically make a remark like your last one of 'I told you so'. That's not a smug "know it all" in any way what so ever is it now.

Seriously, if you actually did give a toss, get the info to support your theory and get involved. Unless the 'theory' is just a way to vent some form of angst or chip about the industry.

No doubt there may well be some shops/individuals involved from within the cycle industry, but seriously doubt that it'd be on the scale you suggest.

No aggro at all, but what, people can't disagree and point out opposing points? Lest that's too "know it all"

Then ironically make a remark like your last one of 'I told you so'. That's not a smug "know it all" in any way what so ever is it now.

Seriously, if you actually did give a toss, get the info to support your theory and get involved. Unless the 'theory' is just a way to vent some form of angst or chip about the industry.

No doubt there may well be some shops/individuals involved from within the cycle industry, but seriously doubt that it'd be on the scale you suggest.

Does anyone have any figures of stolen/ hi-jacked bikes? :unsure: I'm not talking Game specials here, but they also can't be excluded.

just watched the insert on the mnet site. Not exactly Conan Doyle stuff, but good to see it in the mainstream for all to see.

I do like the irony of the 'legend' getting interviewed about these gangs stealing bikes. Not that long ago he was fingered as the ringleader of a different kind of syndicate, also (insert disclaimer word) ALLEDGEDLY stealing from bike owners. Now that would have made a good Carte Blanche expose!

Please contact Andrew McLean directly and he will hopefully be able to answer any questions that you have. We opted to use the "entry portal" for the donations as it was already set up and running and most people have probably already entered races there and I don't think that anyone has been spammed as a result. The "Terms and Conditions" that you see are the standard entry terms and conditions for 90% + of the races that you enter in this country. We are not trying to hide anything here but it is very difficult to advertise to all exactly what the PI is doing and achieving as this will jeopardize the investigation. As of yesterday 38 people had donated in the region of R6000 and every last cent of this was spent on the PI last month.

Hello, Thanks for this response. To make a few things clear. I was hoping for a detailed answer on the forum so that this information will be available to all.

Your 'T&C's are for races. This is not a race. Also, calling something standard doesn't make it so. It's an often used term that has no grounds as to actually being standardised. (Think in legal terms if you must).

As of this point, none of my questions have been answered. I don't need the PI's itinerary etc. I'd just like basic facts. PM them to me if you like.

I don't think it's too much to ask for basic details. I will not provide any of my personal details to you if you make me agree to waive my right to not be spammed. Simple. It's uncalled for and it's a marketing shill. If you can't respect my rights, I'll not help out.

The last part of your comment requires some explaining too. Higher up in the thread it was mentioned that R10,000.00 has been donated by one person. Looks like you are R4,000.00 short? Unless this donation was made today?

Guest agteros

Hello, Thanks for this response. To make a few things clear. I was hoping for a detailed answer on the forum so that this information will be available to all.

Your 'T&C's are for races. This is not a race. Also, calling something standard doesn't make it so. It's an often used term that has no grounds as to actually being standardised. (Think in legal terms if you must).

As of this point, none of my questions have been answered. I don't need the PI's itinerary etc. I'd just like basic facts. PM them to me if you like.

I don't think it's too much to ask for basic details. I will not provide any of my personal details to you if you make me agree to waive my right to not be spammed. Simple. It's uncalled for and it's a marketing shill. If you can't respect my rights, I'll not help out.

The last part of your comment requires some explaining too. Higher up in the thread it was mentioned that R10,000.00 has been donated by one person. Looks like you are R4,000.00 short? Unless this donation was made today?

You volunteering for auditing duties?

You volunteering for auditing duties?

Probably not, but maybe he will loan you a calculator.

Guest agteros

Probably not, but maybe he will loan you a calculator.

Why me? I am the foncuser of drebits and cedits :D

He seems to have taken a keen interest that all should be accounted for, and every dime and penny should be reconciled to its correct time value.

Surely to do a good job, you firstly should have an interest in what you are doing? Which he has shown adequately, if I may add...

Just a theory dangler. I in fact watch very little TV. Just like all the theories out on Carte Blanche last night. No real proof either.

Go read my post about high performance cars in a particular state in the US that was subject to a lot of hijackings and make up your own mind.

Carte Blanche have more proof than what you are trying to suck out your thumb at the moment.

Forget the U.S. for goodness sake man, aliens also land in the Free State.

just watched the insert on the mnet site. Not exactly Conan Doyle stuff, but good to see it in the mainstream for all to see.

I do like the irony of the 'legend' getting interviewed about these gangs stealing bikes. Not that long ago he was fingered as the ringleader of a different kind of syndicate, also (insert disclaimer word) ALLEDGEDLY stealing from bike owners. Now that would have made a good Carte Blanche expose!

He is the most well known, his wife was mugged while bike riding, he has opened up his site to allow donations.

Why not him.

Don't let 1 or 2 nannies spoil it for you. Your suggestions are just as good as any, and they came with good intentions.

Why don't you create a website with the 1000s of Rands YOU would have liked to donate as mentioned earlier instead if calling people nannies and show us how good your intentions are?

Why don't you create a website with the 1000s of Rands YOU would have liked to donate as mentioned earlier instead if calling people nannies and how good your intentions are?

Snap.

I just pm'd bicycle safety SA to offer just that service. Maybe he/it's not in charge.

So, whoever is in charge, pm me for free website reg and hosting.

I just came back from a run...Damn I hate running!

GRB285, this is for you:

Dangle, Nathrix and co. could have so easily have said: "You know what, this is not our problem." But they did not. They got involved and started doing something that is affecting the sport that I love.

And here you enter: Mr Concerned donater of funds. The T&C's are not valid. Who is the PI? Where are the fanancial statements? Etc. And you are doing this in the face of people wheo are trying to stop this from hurting us all!!!

Now it is clear that Dangle and co. need donations. So, I gather they are trying to be diplomatic about your "concerns."

Here is what I will do for you: I will donate monthly for as long as I can and as long as is needed to this cause. You know why?

Because I really want to tell you to SOD OFF! Take your "donation" and stick it!

By the way, you can always donate your time...Oh wait...that won't work...You seem to be to busy with financial statements and T&C's...