Bains mtb Trails - Wellington.

The Search

Thanks for calling that ride Philip.

It was a great loop ... even though I came late and rode with the Blue route group it was a great ride with a couple of nice fast section where you can very easily pick up too much speed (A good thing).

One of the things I was reminded of very quickly on the route though was that you can not brake when in the air ....

The Search:

I do however believe that the route has changed a fair bit with lots of ST sections being cut out. Is this true?

In the beginning of the white route we cut a piece of singletrack out because of a tree that fell over. It will be fixed and ready to ride in May.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next week we start with maintenance on the white route. We want to get that first piece of singletrack back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

When and how far? I'm tempted to go MTB, been in CT for a month and still haven't taken my steed offroad!!

Im tapering from this weekend so will be a very chilled white loop, about 29km if i remember correctly. probably Sunday normally start at 10 or 11 in winter :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have ridden these trails a couple of times now. Was so surprised of the amount of singletrack, really fun stuff! Heading that way again today!

Just finished the "new" improved white route. Can I just say,AWSUM AWSUM! Gonna take a week to wipe this smile off my face! This is really what MTB is all about,proper technical singletrack. Loved every sec of it. See pics attached. Highly recommended.

post-16911-13363101715595.jpg

post-16911-13363102050853.jpg

post-16911-13363103062816.jpg

post-16911-13363100827846.jpg

post-16911-13363101247203.jpg

Just finished the "new" improved white route. Can I just say,AWSUM AWSUM! Gonna take a week to wipe this smile off my face! This is really what MTB is all about,proper technical singletrack. Loved every sec of it. See pics attached. Highly recommended.

Yup agreed that this is an awesome ride but open, free flowing single track, suitable for roadies (like myself) is not what I would call technical.