Bains mtb Trails - Wellington.

The Search

Yup agreed that this is an awesome ride but open, free flowing single track, suitable for roadies (like myself) is not what I would call technical.

If you go balls to the wall, and act like you dont have brakes it can actually become fairly "technical" :) but a nice trail for all to enjoy, will have to go scope out the updated trail.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go balls to the wall, and act like you dont have brakes it can actually become fairly "technical" :) but a nice trail for all to enjoy, will have to go scope out the updated trail.

It might also be that what I thought to be technical at first is not really until I did REAL technical stuff and improved my skills :D

But this trail does not fall into my technical category, even at full speed ;)

It might also be that what I thought to be technical at first is not really until I did REAL technical stuff and improved my skills :D

But this trail does not fall into my technical category, even at full speed ;)

No its not eselfontein, or tokai, but its hell of a fun a speed :)

Actually, the only reason why I called it "technical" is that it is the most technical trails in my area. Jeep track in the Paarl mountain is really not all to technical :) But tokai sounds like fun! Never ridden there before. Should head that way soon! I suppose there is also various trails at tokai. What is the most technical one's?

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rode the trails on Saturday morning and what a great experience! Well done, you guys can be proud!

Only comment: the arrows on the sign boards are very small and it's only when I'm right at the sign that I see which way they're pointing. Granted, my eye sight isn't what it was 10 years ago.

Rode the trails on Saturday morning and what a great experience! Well done, you guys can be proud!

Only comment: the arrows on the sign boards are very small and it's only when I'm right at the sign that I see which way they're pointing. Granted, my eye sight isn't what it was 10 years ago.

I agree with you there. The arrows are quite small (well the signs too) - also, unless you are actually looking for the sign boards, you would ride right past the turn off.

I was riding with a buddy and he spotted them - I would have deviated quite radically off course had I been riding alone.

I guess, all the more reason to go ride regularly and get to know the trails!

Noted. Will make a plan. We dont see them anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Next week, Gravel Travel.

Note: This is a must must must ride........ if you rate yourself a "True Mountain Biker"

Some of the best single track and jeep track in SA !

Scenic, Free flowing and well maintained single track, challenging, not too technical but most of all.....................REWARDING !

I will do ride the 75Km for pure enjoyment and appreciation of this nice route !!

This is what MTB is about !!

Still in two minds whether I must do 45 or 75....

Well it is easy to decide.........the 75 is Saturday and the 45 is Sunday !! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: