Did anyone on the SANI2C wait list get an entry?

Airborne

Where are you all seeing your numbers? I can't see mine anywhere.

The guys and girls that got in, at what time did you manage to enter on that chaotic day?

udxcob, what time did you eventually get on the waiting list?

All I want to know is if I have any hope!!!

I entered in the first 5 seconds on the day, 2 friends at work did the same thing. I got #36, another person got #545 and another went onto the waiting list.

That doesn't help you though I'm afraid.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in the Race. Got the email on Friday paid yesterday. What have we done :blink: Day 2 scares the hell out of me.

Certainly added an edge to my ride at Groenkloof today.

:blink: Day 2 scares the hell out of me.

Certainly added an edge to my ride at Groenkloof today.

:) Went in to this years race seriously undertrained. Day 2 KICKED MY ASS. Made it with minutes to spare, with some other hardcore sufferees. Not a whole lot of fun, and not gonna do it again...

Problem is that they set the groups off in 10 min intervals - is good because it reduces crowding, but means that the slowest get the shortest amount of time to complete the day. So, my hard won advice? Train a little :)

Me, I'm talking to Maryke Verster...

And guys waiting for the extra event - good luck, it's a greate race.

Edited by davetapson

There will be a third Sani2C this year called the Sani2C Trail.

Received the following message from farmer Glen

Hi all,

In 2005 it was sani2c, three years later we had the sani2c Race and the sani2c Adventure and now in 2012, we are proud to announce the arrival of the sani2c Trail.

Thanks to all of you who sent letters of motivation for the 3rd event. They were a great help in the negotiating with all the role players who have been persuaded and agreed to work for one more day.

As was the case in 2008, when the Adventure was added, the addition of the Trail in 2012 will offer more opportunities for all the organisation’s and beneficiaries who gain so much from the events.

How will the selections work?

Although it won’t satisfy all those on the Waiting List, we will accept about 650 teams from the existing Waiting List from the Race and Adventure. We take more or less equally from each of the events.

The following affects whether you will be accepted:

• The time you registered and where you are in the queue during the Rush Entry process.

• Whether one or more of the team participants are already registered in another event. If so, your team will unfortunately not be accepted.

What is the process to get into the sani2c Trail?

1. On 6 September 2011 an email will be sent to all of those fortunate teams accepted to participate in the sani2c Trail. Should you not receive an email of acceptance into the Trail, it will mean that you unfortunately were not amongst those 650 lucky teams.

2. Accepted teams primary member will be able to visit the sani2c website, log in with their ID, edit their details, select their clothing sizes and make payment. Please do not try to do substitutions or make changes to ID numbers. You will have an opportunity to do this once we have confirmed your entry.

3. Accepted teams will have until 13th September 2011 to make payment. Please make this timeously so that we can sort out any queries should they occur before this time.

Please note: we are unable to allow you to change your ID number from the front end, but most other details can be edited.

If you have any queries, please contact Judy via email judy@sani2c.co.za.

Dates

• sani2c Trail: Register in Underberg on the 14th May & finish in Scottburgh on 17th May 2012

• sani2c Adventure: Register in Underberg on the 15th May finish in Scottburgh on 18th May 2012

• sani2c Race: Register in Underberg on the 16th May & finish in Scottburgh on 19th May 2012

Thanks again for everyone’s support and help.

We hope that we have good news for your on the 6th September 2011.

Kind regards,

Farmer Glen and the sani2c team

:) Went in to this years race seriously undertrained. Day 2 KICKED MY ASS. Made it with minutes to spare, with some other hardcore sufferees. Not a whole lot of fun, and not gonna do it again...

Problem is that they set the groups off in 10 min intervals - is good because it reduces crowding, but means that the slowest get the shortest amount of time to complete the day. So, my hard won advice? Train a little :)

Me, I'm talking to Maryke Verster...

And guys waiting for the extra event - good luck, it's a greate race.

Thanks for your hard won advice, might give Maryke a call myself ;)

• 5 months later...

Looking for a 2012 sani2c entry?

Tthere's a bidding war on the sani2c FB page at the moment. It's a team entry for the Trail, and the bidding price is less than the purchase price at the moment. Last entry available to the 2012 sold-out sani2c! :) www.facebook.com/sani2c