WOW or really stupid??

Dragu

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done that before at that speed...only stupid if you get killed doing it. The worst is when you swing off and the wind hits you...hold on

well if that goes wrong ie: hits a pot hole etc. he will definitely make it into the Darwin awards

What gear ratio would you need to achieve that speed?

Maybe it is fake, I am sure there is no ratio available that will have you peddling at 100km/h :unsure:

Maybe it is fake, I am sure there is no ratio available that will have you peddling at 100km/h :unsure:

I'm with you on the possibility it's fake :unsure:

Was also wondering about gear ratio at that speed. Maybe Exclusive can shed some light on this as he has done it before?

What is the biggest front ring? I know you get one tooth bigger than standard (how many does standard have?)

Smallest on the back is 11

Tyre size is easy

Now we just need someone with some math skills :lol:

The biggest chain ring that Shimano have is a 56 so, Sheldon Brown's site says a 56-11 will have you riding 64km/h at cadence of 100.

You would need a 90-11 to make it to 100km/h! How large would a 90 tooth chain ring be?

He is probably being towed and turning his legs to make it look real. You can do 100km/h down a hill but that is just gravity

The biggest chain ring that Shimano have is a 56 so, Sheldon Brown's site says a 56-11 will have you riding 64km/h at cadence of 100.

You would need a 90-11 to make it to 100km/h! How large would a 90 tooth chain ring be?

Dunno, but when John Howard did his thing, he had a gear so massive, he had to motor-pace to 91km/h before he could turn it under his own power, and then he rode it to only 130 rpm...

It had compound gear,

basically a 52-13 (4x) times 52-13 (4x), an 16:1 ratio.

But John's record of 152mph has been bettered. Fred Rompelberg did 166mph behind a dragster in boneville.

I'm with you on the possibility it's fake :unsure:

It is easy to do, done it often but normally only up to about 90kph.

If you start off and jump in at about 40/50 you just get sucked along. You just need to spinnn a few timed to get you back into place. on a flat road you can almost free for km's the drag is so big. the only real issue is getting out of the slip, very scary if you cant keep up.

70 - 85 is the best speed to sit at.

Just be ready to grab onto the truck if it stops faster than you can.

You can do 100km/h down a hill but that is just gravity

Un-motorpaced, downhill, the record is around the 222km/h mark. Noob.

Personally, I've done 126km/h downhill into Sabie, behind our team car. The "ish" part is cause I had to overtake him and this was done in the days of toe-clips, cloth cap, and no cycle computer ;)

We was real cyclists then.