32GI

ridr

hi mdw

been using this stuff for bout a year now .however,entred for ironman70.3 and was bit concerned about using itfor such a long race,wot to supplement it with when getting hungry and so on.this might have been covered previously but any input would be appreciated

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be honest, I actually came and had a look at this thread again..just to see what Topwine had been up to...glad he did not disappoint. Why not work out the Coke Cola recipe and make millions selling it to Pepsi than waste your knowledge on 32GI.

Must be honest, I actually came and had a look at this thread again..just to see what Topwine had been up to...glad he did not disappoint. Why not work out the Coke Cola recipe and make millions selling it to Pepsi than waste your knowledge on 32GI.

I could give you the Coca Cola recipe too, but I have stuff to do this weekend and getting assassinated now would really mess things up for me :P

drop me a mail done 7 x 70.3s on it :-) and placed in one it works like a bomb on long endurance events even 12 hours up will help you with the nutrition there.

Just by the way the neutral flavour is different in that you will be able to have it on its own or mix with existing flavours till you love the taste so you might decide 1 scoop lime and 1 scoop neutral is for you ;-) just aiming to please :-)

Tried this product on K2C for the first time, and I have to say whether it was me not being fit enough or the product not working, i have rarely had so little energy.

I did everything as suggested. 30 mins before start, at the two hour mark, etc, and even ate properly for the few days before the race. (low GI bread, etc)

Some caveats, though:

a) Yes, i know you should never change over before a big race, and I had been rather ill a few weeks back, so I wasn't in perfect nick.

B) I never normally have a lack of energy. If anything, I'm quite fit from gym/etc, and and my legs take strain long before my energy runs out, but this time it was different. I was just pap, and it was only when I had some Enerjellies later on that i suddenly felt better.

I'm going to stick to it and hope it comes right, because it seems everyone and their granny thinks this stuff is marvelous, and the low GI thing might take some time to adapt to. I don't know...

Really hope it works eventually! :-)

Hi All,

Have tried 32GI for a week now. Saturday I did over 5 hours (4 1/2 at Groenkloof hard paced riding) on the MTB. I categorize myself as someone who take nutrition and racing serious..

Here is my observations after 1 week of use:

1) What Mark says about what you eat before is VERY crucial, high sugar intake or content will spike you.

2) IT IS NOT A MIRACLE SUPPLEMENT!!! You need to do the work! Saturday was the 1st time I spent more than 4 1/2 hours on the MTB since the Cape Epic. No supplement will save your legs from not being able to handle the load, it did get me home though!

3) The 1st 30mins - I normally ride early - I always found that I had to be conservative the 1st 30min, my heart rate will go high then come down - I now contribute this to the spike caused by what I took and had to eat before - 3 early morning rides and have not had this effect yet!

4) Heat - Saturday was 30 degrees - I found that 2 servings diluted in 750ml each was not enough for hydration, I had +/- 300ml of water I put in the empty bottle from the tap at Groenkloof after 3 hours and sipped it inbetween my last serving - no side effects.

5) I was very tired - not bonked or flat - riding home - but the 32GI worked getting me home without anything else needed.

These are just my observations and experience.

Just bought the last 2 tins at Dischem so will give it it a bash.

But without having to read through 28 pages, can anyone suggest what a pre-race meal should consist of if racing on 32Gi ?

Tried this product on K2C for the first time, and I have to say whether it was me not being fit enough or the product not working, i have rarely had so little energy.

I did everything as suggested. 30 mins before start, at the two hour mark, etc, and even ate properly for the few days before the race. (low GI bread, etc)

Some caveats, though:

a) Yes, i know you should never change over before a big race, and I had been rather ill a few weeks back, so I wasn't in perfect nick.

B) I never normally have a lack of energy. If anything, I'm quite fit from gym/etc, and and my legs take strain long before my energy runs out, but this time it was different. I was just pap, and it was only when I had some Enerjellies later on that i suddenly felt better.

I'm going to stick to it and hope it comes right, because it seems everyone and their granny thinks this stuff is marvelous, and the low GI thing might take some time to adapt to. I don't know...

Really hope it works eventually! :-)

I experienced the same..... :blink:

I think just because there has been so much talk about 32Gi, which is great for the product, we must be careful not make it into an amazing miracle suppliment. I for one feel that it has been great, but if you are not fit or have not prepared nutritionally for a race/ride it does not matter what you drink...it will not help. The enerjellies and gels are designed to give you the spike and have a place in a race plan towards the end to get you home.

There are no miracle cures or products and not everything will work for everyone. The best bet is be as prepared as you can be, and to try various products to see which works for you. Just try the products during training not your goal race!

I think just because there has been so much talk about 32Gi, which is great for the product, we must be careful not make it into an amazing miracle suppliment. I for one feel that it has been great, but if you are not fit or have not prepared nutritionally for a race/ride it does not matter what you drink...it will not help. The enerjellies and gels are designed to give you the spike and have a place in a race plan towards the end to get you home.

There are no miracle cures or products and not everything will work for everyone. The best bet is be as prepared as you can be, and to try various products to see which works for you. Just try the products during training not your goal race!

I agree fully , i am not giving the product any negative rating , i am just glad that i am not the only one the product did not seem to work for... my time for the K2C was 60 min slower than the previous year and i used the same "training program" ?? :unsure: :blink:

I agree fully , i am not giving the product any negative rating , i am just glad that i am not the only one the product did not seem to work for... my time for the K2C was 60 min slower than the previous year and i used the same "training program" ?? :unsure: :blink:

Surely there are 62 453 reasons why you were slower. The drink could be MAYBE just one of them. I've done the Lost City and Race for Victory two years in a row. The first year the Lost City killed me and I did okay in the RfV. The year later with tons more training I killed the Lost City by slicing 50 minutes of my time but I did 10 minutes slower in the RfV.

Surely there are 62 453 reasons why you were slower. The drink could be MAYBE just one of them. I've done the Lost City and Race for Victory two years in a row. The first year the Lost City killed me and I did okay in the RfV. The year later with tons more training I killed the Lost City by slicing 50 minutes of my time but I did 10 minutes slower in the RfV.

I will settle for 60 000 reasons :D , did the Steylerville race(just before K2C)this year in 15 min better than previous year, and thought i am in better shape for the K2C, but what a wake up call..... :D Maybe i must start enjoying the cycling and not put so much pressure on myself?? :blink:

The good news for some Hubbers, is we are going to be launching a neutral flavour in the near future, no flavoring at all for those that like that. A few new products will be coming down the line will keep you posted.

Headhunter have u tried the chews, they go down quite well with the drink.

Later

M

S/West Dischem doesn't currently stock the chews.

Just bought the last 2 tins at Dischem so will give it it a bash.

But without having to read through 28 pages, can anyone suggest what a pre-race meal should consist of if racing on 32Gi ?

Is a bowl of jungle oats a complementary breakfast for 32GI?

Archived