The transformation

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Shot guys...

A couple of finishing touches needed, like setting the brakes and putting a 180mm rotor on the back (now possible thanks to the duff adapter sizing) then some touch-ups on the parts that got damaged on assembly. Then the setup begins!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro! Glad you're still with us, after your multi-million rand payout ;-)

They have internet in Monaco I'll have you know!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Okay - sliiiight problem. I ordered a 121mm BB instead of a 125mm. Damn.

Anyway - basically, the non-drive side crank was fouling against the BB cup, causing the cranks to rub horribly, and come to a grinding halt mid-stroke. Not cool. So...

Enter hacksaw. I just removed the non-drive side BB cup's lip, so that I can insert it further into the shell without having the flange sticking out. I figure that this won't really hamper performance, as the plastic BB cup is just there to provide a bit of support on the spline itself, and isn't really performing any sort of ancillary function (water would get into the assembly regardless, and it is a sealed BB anyway)

So - the cup is now sitting 2mm inside the BB shell, and the Cranks have ample clearance.

All she needs now is a bit more pre-load on the rear, and a bit less rebound damping on the front. Oh - and new fork oil as well!

BUT - She's ready to ride!

Finished at 03h20 - like your priorities :clap: :thumbup: :D

Lol! I roped in a mate of mine to help with the initial assembly of frame, fork, shifter, front brake etc. Rear had to be jimmied a bit, so I did that myself (as well as put the BB, cranks & iDrive assembly on) after he left... at 1h30 am. My neighbours couldn't have liked me though, seeing as there was a drill going through aluminium at 2h30!

true story there myles.. ;)

did u change the oil yet? oh and nice to know u a fellow Matie, maaitjie :P

Edited by Capricorn

proof... I know how doubtful some guys can be on here!

post-3056-0-97574600-1315048929.jpg

oh - and if in doubt, refer to Capricorn & Pain or Shine... They'll back me up here.

Photoshoped!

Damn. You caught me out... ;)

and you set up 2 fake facebook accounts, just to convince people you're married. a bit flippin extreme hey :lol:

and you set up 2 fake facebook accounts, just to convince people you're married. a bit flippin extreme hey :lol:

Ja, and I had all those photos on my HDD. Took a lot of time to PS all those different pics!

so I'm going for the test-ride tomorrow PM in Tokai. Got my FF helmet, knee guards & a bucket-load of false confidence.

I'm going to be tuning the suspension for my weight & characteristics. Could take a while, swwing as how much fun I';m going to be having just riding the thing.

AND - I can ride it UP to the TOP! It has an AM style seatpost height when at max extension. Bring. It. On!