The transformation

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Shot dude. I just need to work on my form. Having said that, it was the fastest I've ever been on any of the sections. And I could definitely get a lot faster very easily. Just getting used to her now though.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news indeed!

Glad to report that she rides like an absolute dream... shock is perfect, fork could do with a bit of tuning, but still needs the oil replaced so I'll tune her when I've done that.

My only complaint - she's a BITCH to ride up to level 5! I got there eventually, but damn. What a workout!

Coming down though, she was perfect. I, on the other hand - was far from. If we were playing a certain gameshow, I would have been first off the stage. Goodbye!

I'm still a pu55y on the jumps. But it was the fastest I've ever been coming down, and it's the first time I've ridden flats since my teens. Early teens.

But I'm FAR more confident on the gnar than I am on my little XC machine. I was saved NUMEROUS times by the bike. The brakes - OH. My. WORD! How sweet!

In a nutshell - SSSSHHHHHHHIBBYYYYYYYYY!

thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

Where were you riding? Was there around that time.

was riding up the main fire road from 4 to 5, and then down the DH tracks. 5, 4 & 3 (vasbyt) until the last of the jumps. Then my roots.

Where were you riding?

was riding up the main fire road from 4 to 5, and then down the DH tracks. 5, 4 & 3 (vasbyt) until the last of the jumps. Then my roots.

Where were you riding?

Went up to the mast and down the single, boulders, mamba, vasbyt.... Never been down the DH trails, keen to give it a go.

I dig Mamba & vasbyt. Boulders is good as well.

In terms of technicality, the DH track isn't that far removed from Mamba. It's just longer and the dropoffs are slightly higher, and there are more jumps. Which you can go around...

They're mega fun!

I dig Mamba & vasbyt. Boulders is good as well.

In terms of technicality, the DH track isn't that far removed from Mamba. It's just longer and the dropoffs are slightly higher, and there are more jumps. Which you can go around...

They're mega fun!

Think ill give it a go next weekend!

Good news indeed!

Glad to report that she rides like an absolute dream... shock is perfect, fork could do with a bit of tuning, but still needs the oil replaced so I'll tune her when I've done that.

My only complaint - she's a BITCH to ride up to level 5! I got there eventually, but damn. What a workout!

Coming down though, she was perfect. I, on the other hand - was far from. If we were playing a certain gameshow, I would have been first off the stage. Goodbye!

I'm still a pu55y on the jumps. But it was the fastest I've ever been coming down, and it's the first time I've ridden flats since my teens. Early teens.

But I'm FAR more confident on the gnar than I am on my little XC machine. I was saved NUMEROUS times by the bike. The brakes - OH. My. WORD! How sweet!

In a nutshell - SSSSHHHHHHHIBBYYYYYYYYY!

Glad the run went well. Now to go faster :P

Yeah. Faster, I can do... It only really takes a couple runs to work it out.

total cost was about 6 to 7k for a bike that was, and still is, helluva awesome, and 50% new.

Many happy miles boet. :thumbup: I think you missed your calling in life swarrie. You could easily become a top notch mechanic for one of the pro works teams!

Me also thinks that hardtail will be gathering dust from now onwards!?

Many happy miles boet. :thumbup: I think you missed your calling in life swarrie. You could easily become a top notch mechanic for one of the pro works teams!

Me also thinks that hardtail will be gathering dust from now onwards!?

Nah, I still dig the HT action. I'll just use it for any XC events that come up, as well as with some DJ action when I get more into it...