ESI Grips "Chunky"

Chubba

5 Min - 10 min I guess.

I usually changed them the night before and went riding the next day.

It is a hassle though! But worth it!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And how long after you put them back on can you start riding?

You can ride as soon as they're on, thats from new though. I would imagine it would be the same after taking off and putting them back on :unsure:

And how long after you put them back on can you start riding?

a bit difficult to ride with a finger in your bum!

how do you take them off and then ca nyou put them back on again?

From ESI Site:

Q: What is the best way to install ESI MTB Grips?

A: Clean handle bars. Press in End Caps. Using Rubbing Alcohol or Window cleaner clean inside of ESI MTB grips, wet bar and inside of grip, slide onto bar. Rotate grip to have the Thicker side towards palm. Let dry for 24 hours.

Q: Can I remove ESI grips?

A: Yes! Slide a screw driver with a dulled point (or something similar) under grip (careful not to scratch bar or stretch grip), squirt Rubbing Alcohol, Window cleaner or water under grip, twist grip off bar. Clean inside of grip with Rubbing Alcohol or Window cleaner and reinstall. If you have access to a compressor just blow them off.

how do you take them off and then ca nyou put them back on again?

Taken mine off a few times . take a long smooth rod like a spoke then push it down one side of the grip between the bar and grip.spray some water in with a hosepipe and twist it till its slips loose.slide it off do your thing and slip it back as per the normal installation.

I take mine off by just sliding it off. It doesnt come off easy but you have to pull, pull, pull.

To put them on I just use soapy water. It helps if you dont have them on right and need to move them around a bit.

I got red ones! :clap:

Have red hubs and other red bits on a blue frame, so should look ridiculous.

No brother, that's not going to work. Keep the red grips and hubs, but spray the bike black. Red sunnies and red and black helmet and you good to go. Styling is most important. Bike won't treat you well or go fast if it looks dodge :D

No brother, that's not going to work. Keep the red grips and hubs, but spray the bike black. Red sunnies and red and black helmet and you good to go. Styling is most important. Bike won't treat you well or go fast if it looks dodge :D

I is a clown! So a clown bike works.

(also don’t have the loot to buy new blue hubs, skewers, seat clamp and saddle. also just got the frame sprayed )

Edited by Chubba