Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

I was contacted by a lady who employs a gardener who recently had an accident on his mountain bike on his way to work. He needs a new v-brake front wheel. Can anyone assist?

I also need MTB wheels of all kinds and MTB frames, cranks and seatposts.

I have these 2 bikes ready for donation which are awaiting collection.

148531_612957135395161_911721386_n.jpg

942720_612526368771571_977876432_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend I managed to get some bike stuff done.

I built and donated a red Hansom to Kleinbooi from Diepsloot. He's a handyman and often works far from home.

post-19617-0-46845200-1375689934_thumb.jpg

Kennedy has had this bike for 9 years and was referred to us when his brakes failed and he had an accident, causing his front wheel to be damaged beyond repair. The accident also ripped a chunk out of his saddle. We were able to build him a new front wheel and replace his saddle. We also made sure his brakes work like new! We wish Kennedy many more safe miles on his trusty bike.

post-19617-0-63049500-1375689966_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-19617-1376394532,8411.jpg

Another bike to a worthy gent. Joel lives at Zandspruit squatter camp and does gardening work in Weltevredenpark and Parkhurst. This bike beats traveling by taxi any day. Thanks Melvin for nominating him!!!

Edited by divernick

Hey Nick - I'm curious - did you ever manage to "place" my old Bianchi S-Pro frame? I'd love to see how it turned out......

Hey Nick - I'm curious - did you ever manage to "place" my old Bianchi S-Pro frame? I'd love to see how it turned out......

I actually still have that Bianchi. So far I have Campy brakes, BB and FD for it, as well as a nice wheelset with campy hubs and freebody. It's a Bianchi and it deserves full-Campagnolo don't you think?

One challenge is the headset for that bike as it's a 1-inch threadless fork with a carbon steerer so I need the appropriate headset and compression plug which are both hard to find.

Good job man, you are making such an impact on so many lives. RESPECT

Thanks Bees!

If anyone can assist with one or more 27.2mm seatposts it would be a great help.

I actually still have that Bianchi. So far I have Campy brakes, BB and FD for it, as well as a nice wheelset with campy hubs and freebody. It's a Bianchi and it deserves full-Campagnolo don't you think?

One challenge is the headset for that bike as it's a 1-inch threadless fork with a carbon steerer so I need the appropriate headset and compression plug which are both hard to find.

Oh for sure. I'll keep a lookout for you - can you not still order them though - If you have a young racer looking for a bike let me know - maybe I can help with a few new bits.....

I have some Bianchi parts. I have a frame but it is bent at the back, can possibly be fixed, seat and post, bars and stem, carbon fork.