Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

what do you still need buddy? I got some pedals (flats with toe-clips)

Hey Mark,

I could certainly use the pedals as I have none of those yet.

Visit Build-a-Bike to see what parts I have so far.

thanks!

Nick

Edited by divernick

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much to Leturn911 for his kind donation of a rear SRAM X7 derailleur, rear SRAM X4 shifter, single-speed cranks (which I have swapped for a triple ring crankset which I think will be more practical) and BB!!!!

Much appreciated.

Keep an eye on the website for more updates!

Edited by divernick

I just want to say thanks to all contributors so far! The response has been amazing and I'm not too far from being able to complete a bike......check out the website for all the updates!

Anyone have any 9-sp chains that are just lying around that you can donate? Looks like the first few bikes are gonna be 9-speeders.....

Thanks!

My road bike fell off the trailer after Argus 4 years ago. Been lying at a local BS who quoted triple the cost of the bike to fix. Friend decided she wanted to start riding so collected it and took it to Finish Line in Kempton who fixed it up beautifully for R550 within 3 days. Problem is it is too big for her so now need to get rid of it as it's taking up space. You can have it with pleasure

My road bike fell off the trailer after Argus 4 years ago. Been lying at a local BS who quoted triple the cost of the bike to fix. Friend decided she wanted to start riding so collected it and took it to Finish Line in Kempton who fixed it up beautifully for R550 within 3 days. Problem is it is too big for her so now need to get rid of it as it's taking up space. You can have it with pleasure

PM sent, thanks for the offer!

Wow, I must say that I'm blown away by everyone's generosity. The response to this initiative has been awesome. I should have the first couple of bikes ready for donation by the end of the month already!

Keep it coming!

Hey everyone!

I need a set of 9-speed STI levers, a 9-speed chain, a saddle and some road pedals to get another bike up and running.

Can anyone help?

Thanks to Marius for donating almost a whole mountain bike and leaving it in pieces for me to assemble!

He gave a Raleigh RM70 medium with Fizik saddle, RST fork, wheels, SRAM X7 gears, Truvativ crankset and BB, headset, stem, pedals and v-brakes. All I need to complete this build is a seat post!

Thanks Marius, much appreciated!

post-19617-0-41893900-1316091435.jpg

post-19617-0-11111500-1316091436.jpg

post-19617-0-58313300-1316091436.jpg

post-19617-0-93909500-1316091436.jpg

post-19617-0-31414700-1316091437.jpg

post-19617-0-69939900-1316091437.jpg

I have a 9 speed cassette and chain, as well as a couple of 9 speed front derailleurs if you need.

I appreciate any contribution, thank you! I don't have a drop off in Durbs yet, you can hang on to the parts until I have arranged a drop off point or you can post them to me. Let me know.

Thanks again!