Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

Why not set up depots in major towns/ cities where people can drop off bits & bobs, I've got a box of parts and wheels that I can donate, It would cost a fortune to send. So what to do? :unsure: Tell me where and I will drop them off somewhere in Durbs :)

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have wheels, a seat post, a 9spd casette and grips to offer. I am in Centurion and can get the stuff to you in most parts of JHB. PM me the drop off adress.

I also have two old road bike frames, a wheelset (incl casette and tyres) and a old well used, but in good working order, SORA triple crank, FD, BD and BB. A bunch of used gatorskins is also somewhere in the shed.

Let me know.

Why not set up depots in major towns/ cities where people can drop off bits & bobs, I've got a box of parts and wheels that I can donate, It would cost a fortune to send. So what to do? :unsure: Tell me where and I will drop them off somewhere in Durbs :)

Hold that thought - I am trying to arrange sponsored courier services but failing that I'll arrange Durban and Capetown drop-off points.

Hi, I have wheels, a seat post, a 9spd casette and grips to offer. I am in Centurion and can get the stuff to you in most parts of JHB. PM me the drop off adress.

I also have two old road bike frames, a wheelset (incl casette and tyres) and a old well used, but in good working order, SORA triple crank, FD, BD and BB. A bunch of used gatorskins is also somewhere in the shed.

Let me know.

PM sent! Thanks for your generosity guys!!!!!!

Any ideas for a name for this campaign and website?

How about:

"Build-a-Bike" or "Build-a-Bike Foundation"

???

Edited by divernick

Cool, I have a bunch of stuff. If I can remember off the top of my head:

v-brakes - levers and calipers

shifters - 9 speed mtb (i think deore, but might be one down on that)

Possibly a front and rear derailer.

Will have to look this week end, before I can commit.

Do you have a place toward JHB to drop off?

Cool, I have a bunch of stuff. If I can remember off the top of my head:

v-brakes - levers and calipers

shifters - 9 speed mtb (i think deore, but might be one down on that)

Possibly a front and rear derailer.

Will have to look this week end, before I can commit.

Do you have a place toward JHB to drop off?

Hi Robrider,

Thanks man! You can drop off parts at my office in Midrand or my house in Paulshof.

Cheers!

Nick

Any ideas on a website name?

How about "Build-a-bike Foundation"? - www.buildabike.com

Input required!

I have had an awesome response to this initiative so far with a handful of guys promising parts.

THANK YOU!

I am still looking for a donor frame to kick off this project and I am working on the website as we speak.

Keep the contributions coming in, it's for a good cause!

I did the same thing for an up and coming less fortunate rider last year and he ended up being a top 10 finisher in a few of the local races, he has however been lacking entrance fees into the mtb races of late. I still have some spares left over from that build that I am happy to donate. I will try scrounge through all of them this week and get back to you.

I did the same thing for an up and coming less fortunate rider last year and he ended up being a top 10 finisher in a few of the local races, he has however been lacking entrance fees into the mtb races of late. I still have some spares left over from that build that I am happy to donate. I will try scrounge through all of them this week and get back to you.

Awesome! Thank you!

I collected my first donated parts today. thanks to chickenrun4me for the generous donation of a mavic rear wheel and a XT front derailleur!

Edited by divernick