Build-a-Bike - Enriching the lives of the less fortunate

divernick

Almost done with my first real build: Wheeler road bike frame and fork, Syntace stem, riser bars,post Avid FR-5 brake levers, unbranded brake calipers, LX 9-speed shifters, Ultegra triple crank and rear mech, ultegra hubs on Rigida and Ambrosio rims, Selle Italia saddle, Campagnolo seatpost, flat/SPD pedals, Conti Gatorskin tyres.

Need:

Chain, Grips

Anyone know of a worthy recipient of this bike?

post-19617-0-46827300-1317496912.jpg

post-19617-0-06905300-1317496914.jpg

post-19617-0-43570400-1317496915.jpg

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts wishlist:

1-inch threadless headset

2x stems for 1-inch threadless steerers

10-speed chain

9-speed chains

9 or 10-speed STI levers

Road bike bars

Let me know if you can help! Thanks!

Why don't you build a road bike with straight handle bars and use MTB shiters, the shifters aren't that scarce?

I finally got a bike built up from parts: (used your flat bar idea)

post-19617-0-43570400-1317496915.jpg

I got new pedals today, so my old ones are being donated....

I'm still looking for 9 and 10 speed chains. Anyone got some lying around?

If you need Ideas of how to donate the bikes why not work though a orgnization like the Jacaranda Children's Home, I think donating a bike to a child who does not have perants to buy them a bike is truly nobal as I am sure for most of us that is exactly where we got out first bike.

If you need Ideas of how to donate the bikes why not work though a orgnization like the Jacaranda Children's Home, I think donating a bike to a child who does not have perants to buy them a bike is truly nobal as I am sure for most of us that is exactly where we got out first bike.

Jacaranda Children's Home has a proper cycling squad, the head of the house is a cyclist and he started cycling with some of the "problem kid's" to give them something constructive to do, they now have a team taking part in races etc.

They would definitely use it. I can put you in touch with the right people if you want.

Jacaranda Children's Home has a proper cycling squad, the head of the house is a cyclist and he started cycling with some of the "problem kid's" to give them something constructive to do, they now have a team taking part in races etc.

They would definitely use it. I can put you in touch with the right people if you want.

I know they are still in need of bikes and gear and other types of sponsorship for the squad.

I know they are still in need of bikes and gear and other types of sponsorship for the squad.

[/quo

I found their website and will contact them - thanks for the idea!

Edited by divernick

I contact Jacaranda Childrens Home and will be donating some bikes to their cycling initiative. More info soon.....

I have loads of MTB parts, but no frame to build them on to. Anyone have an old dusty MTB frame lying around that needs a new home?

Thanks to Rockhopper for donating a steel road frame and fork, saddle, disc hub, LX rear hub, dual control mtb shifters, mechanical disc caliper, some mtb slicks, some various rims and spokes.

Much appreciated!

Now I desperately need one or 2 MTB frames to build up into complete bikes.

I also need chains, road bars, STI levers and 1-inch threadless headset and 2 stems.

nick

was nice to meet you. Hope the little I gave you will make a difference.

Cmon Hubbers, support this initiative, think we all need a little good karma being sent our way!