Accidents in Cape Town

Berman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said' date=' take the sarcasm somewhere else. [/quote']

Hey Windbreaker! Go break some wind! Release the pressure inside! The guys are having a "nice" dig!
Funny how the "sharper ones" always pick on the most base interpretations of nicknames too!

The less sharp ones might have given it a bit of thought first ... but then again ...

Or the naturally sarcastic amongst us got it first time. Sharp?....I have my doubts.

Wink Aaah! WHATEVER !!! Go sleep now.Wink

The law in SA is motorists must give way to cyclists and pedestrians;but they dont and they are not bothered cos that woman would be in jail in Belgium;but in SA she is sat at home and calls the hosp to check on the cyclist' date='s condition (the right thing to do in SA)as far as she is concerned she made a BOO BOO .and can walk away .I have been there 3 times and have never prosecuted the driver cos their insurance then would not pay for damage to my bike,as the driver was at fault; and i could  not afford a civil action as the accident fund does not cover the bike.The law regarding this is A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS and as usual protects the wealthy. NNF.[/quote']

Please, feel free to call on me next time you need pro bono work done!

Wink Aaah! WHATEVER !!! Go sleep now.Wink
Yep ... a really sharp ending to an intelligent exchange!

OK, that exchange has left me rolling in my chair... ClapClapClap

Look, nobody pissed on my battery, and I don't come on The Hub to get into verbal tussles so i will apologise before other people fall out because of my wet battery... LOL

Does the road accident fund cover injury in the case of a car/bike collision?

earlier this year (after my car crash) when chatting to the lawyer for my potential RAF claim my amashova accident ended up being discussed (i'd just had the plate taken out of the collar bone) and she was willing to do a claim for me for that as the whole thing was caused by a pothole, so yep, car/bike collision is also covered

The guy in the accident was the father of one of my wife's colleagues...and it is very serious. He is gonna be in ICU for a week, has a broken pelvis i think....and obviously is not going on the family skiing holiday that was coming up in a few weeks.

Is it true that nothing at all will happen to the motorist at fault??

Does the road accident fund cover injury in the case of a car/bike collision?

The biggest payout ever from the RAF was in fact to a cyclist

Have had 3 claims ;all paid out eventually +- 3 years is usually waiting time if u have a good attorney;if u do litigate urself u have no chance;but they will not cover the bike ;the vehicle drivers insurance should cover that ;if they are insured if not ;big problem.In all three cases i could have laid charges against the motorist ;but did not cos then their insurance would not have paid out.The last time i nearly lost my leg ;i told the driver if i did not get money for the damage from her insurance within 2 weeks i would lay a charge against her(had 4 witnesses)I was paid in 10days R7000.00.I cannot afford to pay that kind of money .NNF

Hats off to you for tenacity NNF, but at only R7,000 a leg, it still looks like life is cheap in SA.

RAF pays out for past and future medical costs - but u need a good attorney that is familiar with RAF claims. got paid out R12 000 in the 90's (only 60% of total claim) but had to claim from my own insurance for the bike which was a total write off. funny enough my bike and body caused in excess of R10 000 damage to the car. and we (me and the motorist) had the same insurance company, iow the same claims clerk dealt with both claims. never had the pleasure of meeting the driver as was whisked away in an ambulance before i came to. 

The woman who hit me turned right on me when i was going straight at robots ;lights were green for me.She had the audacity to phone me in the hospital to ask how i was u can imagine what i told her;it was then that we worked out the deal about the insurance.I could not walk properley for nearly a year i still cant run;but dont mind as long as i can ride my bike,never ran anyway (only when someone was chasing me te he te he)My payout was 100,000 for that one.Plus any treatment neccessary on the leg for the rest of my life.NNF

I have spoken to Piet. He is in City Park, out of danger. A car coming from Cape Town cut across his line of travel to turn into Llandudno at about 5 pm on Monday afternoon. He struck the car with his right hip, shattering his pelvis in three places. He had gone for a ride to rid himself of the annoyance of having spent the day with movers. Now he will be spending about 6 weeks in bed.

Piet was keen on bettering his Argus time of 3:08 this year, to below the magical three hour limit. No chance of that now. He does not know what has happened to his bike, a Pinarello Prince. It was, according to Piet, not too badly damaged as he struck the car sideways - when he took evasive action to the left. Any news of the bike ?

i copied this from the VWCA chat forum - hopefully his bike will turn up