Don't hate the Spruit!

patches

Hells yeah DD, a wolfpack it was!

Ok, so some lessons learnt from last week...

1. The spethal team (lead by me) slows down the group so much so, that lights were needed.

2. Bring snacks for the spethal team riders to motivate them.

3. Make constant loud noises when riding in the dark so as not to have bats fly into you. But be careful not to make bat-mating-call noises, or you still may end up in DD's situation.

So... who's in for this week?

What time did the group get back at Fratelli's

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What time did the group get back at Fratelli's

according to my HRM (hunger rate monitor) it was supper time!

(but according to watches I think it was about 18:30)

Bats aside, reckon I should be there... still weighing up with the PCRS ride. What time again? 17h00?

Be warned folk, saw a certain two members of "DHtS" on covert ops yesterday evening. Something about "geo caching" but methinks it was laying bike traps! How else does one slow down the group and accumulate spares <_<

Bats aside, reckon I should be there... still weighing up with the PCRS ride. What time again? 17h00?Be warned folk, saw a certain two members of "DHtS" on covert ops yesterday evening. Something about "geo caching" but methinks it was laying bike traps! How else does one slow down the group and accumulate spares <_<

Bike traps... where do you come up with such fantastical and silly notions... I was merely looking for my contact lens.

I am going to do my best to be there Wednesday now that there is a slower group. I have lights :)

Hells yeah! the spethal team needs some lights!

Edited by patches

Hi!

</deleted>

For those who are a tad slower, there are a few of us(3 at the moment) riding MTB on a 10km loop around Randburg. Starting at 4:15 up to about 06:00 (or about 1.5/1.75 hours). We skipped this morning, as my partner in crime was under the weather, so I went for a run.

Stats for last week Tuesday: 1H33, 31.76km, 482m climbing. Apparently the other days are faster. Tomorrow it will be the first day I ride with the others, I can report on speeds tomorrow during the day?

The focus is not to race each other, but to get the 'easy' kilometers in the legs ;)

Edited by agteros

Bike traps... where do you come up with such fantastical and silly notions... I was merely looking for my contact lens.

Hells yeah! the spethal team needs some lights!

Mine is a Magicshine 808 so I will ride at the back and light up the path for all of you

For those who are a tad slower, there are a few of us(3 at the moment) riding MTB on a 10km loop around Randburg. Starting at 4:15 up to about 06:00 (or about 1.5/1.75 hours). We skipped this morning, as my partner in crime was under the weather, so I went for a run.

Stats for last week Tuesday: 1H33, 31.76km, 482m climbing. Apparently the other days are faster. Tomorrow it will be the first day I ride with the others, I can report on speeds tomorrow during the day?

The focus is not to race each other, but to get the 'easy' kilometers in the legs ;)

Agteros, where do you start and what is the route more or less?

Also, by 4.15, I assume you mean am? :unsure:

Agteros, where do you start and what is the route more or less?

Also, by 4.15, I assume you mean am? :unsure:

We do a tour de tar route (bit early & dark for thin wheels / potholes / glass).

4:15am YEP. I rode for about 1.5 hours, the other 2 would have pushed on till about 6am

Stats: - I held up the others, just way too unfit: after my winter hybernation :(

Summary

OverallTime:01:24:24

Distance:30.48 km

Elevation Gain:453 m

Calories:734 C

Avg Temperature:12.0 °C

Timing

Time:01:24:24

Moving Time:01:23:56

Elapsed Time:01:24:24

Avg Speed:21.7 km/h

Avg Moving Speed:21.8 km/h

Max Speed:50.8 km/hSpeed

Elevation

Elevation Gain:453 m

Elevation Loss:418 m

Min Elevation:1,517 m

Max Elevation:1,616 m

Here is this morning (click for the garmin connect website):

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/114219464

Edited by agteros

I should be able to make it. Did a 70km this morning but it was an easy ride. How far will we ride this evening Patches? What time will we get back?

I should be able to make it. Did a 70km this morning but it was an easy ride. How far will we ride this evening Patches? What time will we get back?

hmmm... I'm not sure of the exact distance, but the spethal team will try keep up with the express. That means Fratelli's to top of Emmarentia and back. Possibly include the Delta Park hill... but voting against any crazy ideas of Albert's Farm and Northcliff Hill.

Should be back around 18:30 if we're not too lazy

BTW, nice car EC :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice ride, lucky not the usual Eyecandy Express and as a bonus I didn't break any bones.

you can thank me for that... I trail behind thus getting the group to make frequent rest stops :lol:

But hey... you totally hussled us Chris... your pace doesn't qualify you to be in the spethal team... so me and Senor Holmes have decided to kick you onto the EC express team!