Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always an idiot trying to race you or drop you - wtf? :eek:

also have the same problem. Don't race ahead of me, then slow down forcing me to overtake you again. If I catch up to slower riders I usually just sit behind them on hills and pass them on the downhill. But had one bloke pass me, then slow down. I would pass him and he would push again to be ahead of me. Now I am not sure if my farting was the problem why he didn't want to be behind me, or it might have been the sight of this fat ass guy just spinning up the hill and not sounding like a steam engine going to explode.

Sooooo. From tomorrow I start commuting to work. 30km from Centurion to Sunninghill (Sandton) and back.

My only issue is the amount of dam taxi's coming and going from Olivenhoudsbosh.... I have had my fair share of clippings, the worst by a putco bus. So heres to hoping it does not happen again.

I will be using Princess Sophia my Flash 29er.

I wont lie, looking at all the girls in traffic sure will be a bonus to me ;)

So thanks to everyone who has posted what not to forget and what to keep spare!

And ill be sure to wave to anyone commuting !!

What I have yet to learn is what is the best backpack to use for commuting?

I use a Knogg backpack.

http://www.men-access.com/bello-backpack-from-knog-the-australian-bag-maker/

It works, but I have to leave my shoes at work. I usually leave a pair of Denims at the office as well and here is always socks and undies at the office in any case.

It fits my Macbook Air and iPad air and a shirt and lunch. This far non of my devices were damaged by water, but I have felt that my previous iPad got a little moisture from my sweat.

and treating the bag with some water repellent is advised.

Sooooo. From tomorrow I start commuting to work. 30km from Centurion to Sunninghill (Sandton) and back.

My only issue is the amount of dam taxi's coming and going from Olivenhoudsbosh.... I have had my fair share of clippings, the worst by a putco bus. So heres to hoping it does not happen again.

I will be using Princess Sophia my Flash 29er.

I wont lie, looking at all the girls in traffic sure will be a bonus to me ;)

So thanks to everyone who has posted what not to forget and what to keep spare!

And ill be sure to wave to anyone commuting !!

Good luck and enjoy.... Just watch out for those girls as most of them do not know how to drive...

The weather in CPT has been quite sketchy of late, wonder if it will really rain, tomorrow, Wed and Thur?

Saw that aswell and figured if it rains i won't have to shower when i get to the office :whistling:

What I have yet to learn is what is the best backpack to use for commuting?

There is a whole thread dedicated to this. If you still can't figure it out, I suggest you don't over think it. It's just a bag that you put stuff in.

Saw that aswell and figured if it rains i won't have to shower when i get to the office :whistling:

That's the spirit :thumbup:

There is a whole thread dedicated to this. If you still can't figure it out, I suggest you don't over think it. It's just a bag that you put stuff in.

I know there is a whole thread about it, I've posted there as well but I've also posted here in the hope of getting some more info in case others missed it.

I know it's just a bag that has my stuff in it, but that stuff is expensive to replace and I would rather have the right bag to protect said stuff. ;)

That's the spirit :thumbup:

Not when you have two flats and have to push the bike back home was only 6 km. but eish now i am gatvol

Do not rely on the SA Weather site. You will always be wet when they say it is going to be dry and expect dry days when they predict wet weather.

I got soaked this morning but it was fun.

Btw, add me on Endomondo...

Since I got the merida big nine last week my commute has gotten alot faster.