MTB Trail contractors wanted

Rhino1

Good day Hubbers, We are currently planning the development of a new secure MTB trail in the Krugersdorp Game Reserve. There is already about 40km of dirt road, jeep track and single track but we want to add more single track trough some forests and join certain sections of the trail to make it race ready. If you are in the trail development business of know someone who is, please tell them that they can download quotation documents from www.mogalecity.gov.za. Quotation closes 8 September so hurry! For once we are spending your tax money on your passion...MTB! Watch this space as this will be one of the coolest trails in Gauteng. Imagine riding past over 900 piece of game and lion camps! You will have to travel far and for plenty of mula to do that. We will launch soon and you will know about it...

• 4 months later...

Sorry for this being slightly off topic, but how does one go about becoming a trail builder/ contractor?

Eric from van Gaalen in Skeerpoort, also Meaurant Botha/AMA Rider.

Geof Vorpagel/Cult Cycling is another one.

Edited by danger dassie

Sorry for this being slightly off topic, but how does one go about becoming a trail builder/ contractor?

I assume we're looking for a more sophisticated answer than 'build trails'?

I assume we're looking for a more sophisticated answer than 'build trails'?

Yip, was hoping for something a little broader then "build trails" :lol:

have these trails been opened?

Yes they have. There is actually a race planned for there on 11 February. Its pretty nice riding and you get to see alot of game. Only issue at the moment is that the trails havent been marked yet. But its not to much of a problem as you can find your way really easily by using the Tar road that runs through the reserve as a marker/Reference point. There's talk of releasing multi entry tickets at some stage, but for now its R30 per entry. Well worthy giving it a try.

Yes they have. There is actually a race planned for there on 11 February. Its pretty nice riding and you get to see alot of game. Only issue at the moment is that the trails havent been marked yet. But its not to much of a problem as you can find your way really easily by using the Tar road that runs through the reserve as a marker/Reference point. There's talk of releasing multi entry tickets at some stage, but for now its R30 per entry. Well worthy giving it a try.

sweet, thanx will be checking it out tomorrow.

will have the family on tow. what amenaties are there?

i think the last time i was there was with my folks in the mid 80's

sweet, thanx will be checking it out tomorrow.

will have the family on tow. what amenaties are there?

i think the last time i was there was with my folks in the mid 80's

I am not really sure whats available at the moment. They are busy fixing up the place. Last time I was there it was basically just a play area for the kids and braai facilities.