SSWC Champs Ireland

EigerSA

I agree with Kranswurm, Stellenbosch will be a great venue! Food, beer, chicks, trails, etc. That right there sounds like heaven to me :thumbup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fine....you go spend a weekend in Louis Trichardt.We will look after Stellies.

No one wants to be stuck out in the gramadoellas listening to the crickets.Esselfontein :blink:

HAHA if you knock Eselfontein you obviously don't know it! Louis Trichardt se moer I've had the misfortune of having to go there for work...no thanks.

Stellies would probably get my vote as top venue though I am / was very keen on getting away from all these pubs / chicks / trails and things for a change...speaking of which I'm off to Eden for a ride...Later!

Edited by XTC1

not that us lackeys really have a say in the matter but I think stellenbosch would be the best bet. International flights to cape town and you're there.

there's loads of potential for everything that you need there, and since it's most likely in august/september(always seems to be/regardless of what hemisphere it's in) then there is the tourist capacity to handle the crowds.

of course it could be muddy as all hell, but i suppose that has it's charms.

the one problem is that the authorities might not embraced it in the spirit of the event. they might do their best to crack down on the revelry and we could see half the riders in the du toit street hotel every night. that's where something like eselfontein has it's charm.

what is bizarre is that we've now got a full on worlds in the country, but we haven't really had a local nationals yet! ja i know there was the intergalactic one up in the norf and we've had the wcape series running too, but it's got a long way to go to the scale of the worlds. so what i'm really saying is that a bidding process would be cool, maybe have a few provincial events over three months(stb, pmb, mankele) and the best one gets the worlds. it's a nice idea, but probably too late to organise now

HAHA if you knock Eselfontein you obviously don't know it! Louis Trichardt se moer I've had the misfortune of having to go there for work...no thanks.

Stellies would probably get my vote as top venue though I am / was very keen on getting away from all these pubs / chicks / trails and things for a change...speaking of which I'm off to Eden for a ride...Later!

Oh I know Esselfontein all right superb riding but I dont think its appropriate so to speak :rolleyes:

As for Louis Trichardt I could not agreee more....its like losing a bet..uh uh..now I am in for it

Rolled a 4x4 in that bloody forest once apon a time and almost died.