DANNY HART - WORLD CHAMP!

nigelhicks

the screamy guy is quite well known i think?? perhaps one of the downhill enthusiasts will give me his name. As far as I recall, one of his favorite expressions is "christ on a bike"

The Commentators are both Pommies ... the one is Rob Warner (Ex World Cup Dh Racer and winner of a World Cup Round in Kaprun Austria when he was racing for Giant)....

The other is Nigel Page (Ex World Cup DH and Duel / Dual Slalom Racer ... now Team Manager of the Chain Reaction Cycles/ NukeProof DH Team)

Oh and the "Christ on a Bike" phase was used by Warner to describe how insane Sam Hill was as he stayed with the times of the big pedallers on the course in PMB in 2009 ... because Sam doesnt ride clips and is not known as a pedaller.

The Commentators are both Pommies ... the one is Rob Warner (Ex World Cup Dh Racer and winner of a World Cup Round in Kaprun Austria when he was racing for Giant)....

The other is Nigel Page (Ex World Cup DH and Duel / Dual Slalom Racer ... now Team Manager of the Chain Reaction Cycles/ NukeProof DH Team)

thanks!

so when he says "I wouldn't ride that" its not anything like Hugh Blayden saying "I wouldn't ride that" :D

thanks!

so when he says "I wouldn't ride that" its not anything like Hugh Blayden saying "I wouldn't ride that" :D

No ... nothing like that ... And that course is nothing like you've ever ridden in your life ... its so steep ... and then to race it flat out in the mud is just madness

Guest Omega Man

And that course is nothing like you've ever ridden in your life

Yeah. I'm afraid if I was racing i'd fake an injury and have a DNS next to my name. Riding in the Alps is MASSIVELY intimidating in itself. Let alone racing down a cliff like that in the pissing rain.

All my quiet racing aspirations have retired along with Fabian Barel.

Yeah. I'm afraid if I was racing i'd fake an injury and have a DNS next to my name. Riding in the Alps is MASSIVELY intimidating in itself. Let alone racing down a cliff like that in the pissing rain.

NOT A CHANCE DUDE ... you say you wouldnt take the chance to try and race against the best in the world?? I'd give my left nut to try (but too old and slow now) ... it wouldnt matter how many times i crashed ... As long as i can hold my head up and say that I did it ...

I just missed being selected for worlds a couple of times as a Junior and its gutting! ... Wish i could have gone ... Was still cool to go as the TEAM SA OFFICIAL DRINKING MASCOT for the 2007 WORLDS in FORT BILL ... that was awesome ... still would have loved to ride it rather than down beers everytime a SAFFER came past on track!

Talking of them, I see there was some noise about Freecaster losing its rights next year. Warner said the talks were still ongoing.

Talking of them, I see there was some noise about Freecaster losing its rights next year. Warner said the talks were still ongoing.

Ya ... the "worldwide loudhailer of ****" that is Twitter has said that it is unsure of the fate of the 2012 World Cup coverage. This was Freecasters last broadcast ...

As far as i understand it (and again this is ALL speculation) The UCI have signed a 3 year Title-Sponsor contract with an internet site company called Rocky Roads Network ... now im not sure if they want the rights or whether the UCI themselves are asking too much for the rights to broadcast the events ... I remember either this year or in 2010 a number of the bike manufacturers had to step in when Freecaster were asked to pay up or be booted by the UCI .... Freecaster asked its viewers if the races could become "pay-view" and everyone had a hernia ... so at the last minute a number of bike companies joined together and footed the bill for Freecaster so that they could show the events for Free ...

I think that this is the reason that the World Champs was pay-view as the rights for that are seperate to the World Cups and therefore Freecaster had to pay for it! ... so we had to pay ...

Not sure whats happening for next year - but as im on the committee for the first World Cup i'll let you know when i know!

Ya ... the "worldwide loudhailer of ****" that is Twitter has said that it is unsure of the fate of the 2012 World Cup coverage. This was Freecasters last broadcast ...

As far as i understand it (and again this is ALL speculation) The UCI have signed a 3 year Title-Sponsor contract with an internet site company called Rocky Roads Network ... now im not sure if they want the rights or whether the UCI themselves are asking too much for the rights to broadcast the events ... I remember either this year or in 2010 a number of the bike manufacturers had to step in when Freecaster were asked to pay up or be booted by the UCI .... Freecaster asked its viewers if the races could become "pay-view" and everyone had a hernia ... so at the last minute a number of bike companies joined together and footed the bill for Freecaster so that they could show the events for Free ...

I think that this is the reason that the World Champs was pay-view as the rights for that are seperate to the World Cups and therefore Freecaster had to pay for it! ... so we had to pay ...

Not sure whats happening for next year - but as im on the committee for the first World Cup i'll let you know when i know!

Cool, looking forward to your insider news! :thumbup:

yep, it was 2010 when the bike companies lead by Martin Whiteley stepped in to help Freecaster out.

Also correct, the world cup is on the rocky road to viewership, and yes, it is for 3 years. At least. So this was Freecasters last live broadcast of anything UCI + DH related.