I forgot how difficult this sport is

Garfield2010

Thought I was getting nice and fit. I was running like a rabbit during the winter. Did 30km's with easy and owned trail running. THen I started with the cycling last weekend with the D2D after a few spin classes. I then took off Mo - Wed. Today I ran 10km on the treadmill super slow and I am super tired. Days like these that I wonder how the hell I will ever make the full distances come Cape Town Challenge in Nov....

If this sport was only not so psycological.........

And I guess I am really going to *** next weekend with the citytocity marathon. Damn

Edited by Garfield2010

Thought I was getting nice and fit. I was running like a rabbit during the winter. Did 30km's with easy and owned trail running. THen I started with the cycling last weekend with the D2D after a few spin classes. I then took off Mo - Wed. Today I ran 10km on the treadmill super slow and I am super tired. Days like these that I wonder how the hell I will ever make the full distances come Cape Town Challenge in Nov....

If this sport was only not so psycological.........

And I guess I am really going to *** next weekend with the citytocity marathon. Damn

Sounds like you need to slow down a little and do less racing.Spend more time on your bike,that route is a killer.

Jaja this stupid thing posted whilst I was typing!

Dogs Welcome (cats are another story)

Overheard someone at the track session say something the other day which I think is very true.

He said South Africans hard sessions are not hard enough, but more importantly the rest sessions/weeks are not easy enough. I can relate to this well because I am old school in my approach that if you not k@kking off you not gaining. After reading several articles I would agree with what I heard because we actually only get stronger when we rest our muscles. When we are k@kking off we are actually tearing them at a microscopic level, which if rested properly allows them to repair themselves stronger than before.

I will endeavor to rest more this season ahead of the big Tri's coming up. I think we all should!

Overheard someone at the track session say something the other day which I think is very true.

He said South Africans hard sessions are not hard enough, but more importantly the rest sessions/weeks are not easy enough. I can relate to this well because I am old school in my approach that if you not k@kking off you not gaining. After reading several articles I would agree with what I heard because we actually only get stronger when we rest our muscles. When we are k@kking off we are actually tearing them at a microscopic level, which if rested properly allows them to repair themselves stronger than before.

I will endeavor to rest more this season ahead of the big Tri's coming up. I think we all should!

s'what the Polar guys say - we like to go out and get a lekker sweat on, but don't actually ride hard enough when we are supposed to be riding hard, or easy enough when we are supposed to be riding easy.

Have just got a training play from Marykes and the easy days - damn, I don't think I can ride that slow. I'll keep falling off...

s'what the Polar guys say - we like to go out and get a lekker sweat on, but don't actually ride hard enough when we are supposed to be riding hard, or easy enough when we are supposed to be riding easy.

Have just got a training play from Marykes and the easy days - damn, I don't think I can ride that slow. I'll keep falling off...

Yip we just lazy and enjoy the coffee too much as well as the endorphins from having a good sweat

Thanks guys, will try that although I am already burying myself every weekend. Will definately take the weekdays a bit easier.....

Hang in there Garfield, it does get better.

I've had running injuries on and off since Ironman and everytime I think I've made that fitness breakthrough and can start things like hill and speedwork again, Wham, there goes my calf again! Frustrating to say the least. At least I've been able to ride my bikes.

Guest agteros

Hang in there Garfield, it does get better.

I've had running injuries on and off since Ironman and everytime I think I've made that fitness breakthrough and can start things like hill and speedwork again, Wham, there goes my calf again! Frustrating to say the least. At least I've been able to ride my bikes.

Eish man that not good :(

I've backed off completely after mine came back in June causing me to be able to run only 1km at a time. Went to another "merchant of pain", and I'm now back to about 5km a pop in the sandals! thumbup1.gif

Thanks guys, will try that although I am already burying myself every weekend. Will definately take the weekdays a bit easier.....

City to City will be guaranteed to inflict some serious injury and setback, unless of course your average daily running mileage has been close to 18k's a day average.

City to City will be guaranteed to inflict some serious injury and setback, unless of course your average daily running mileage has been close to 18k's a day average.

Eish nope!

I run about between 20 and 30km's during the week and then the same amount on a Saturday.

I have however built it up nicely and is injury free...

I feel I need to do the city2city to prepare for the IM in November.

I need to train for 5 hours +

You cant just train an hour a day every day and then suddenly expect to do an 14 hour IM!!