The Cycle Park has gone to the dogs…

Tumbleweed

Did you win all the prizes again TW? That scotty looks real nervous, almost ready to lash out....

Rigged I say! Rigged!!!

Did you win all the prizes again TW? That scotty looks real nervous, almost ready to lash out....

Hahahahaha! Not all the prizes! There was a goodie bag and food for everyone who took part!

Yeah, he wasn't the happiest on the masseur's table!

Hahahahaha! Not all the prizes! There was a goodie bag and food for everyone who took part!

Yeah, he wasn't the happiest on the masseur's table!

Cannot be your dog....... ;) ;) ;) ;)

[/b]

Cannot be your dog....... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hahahaha! Like I posted, Conor's dog, Theodore, wouldn't sit still, but Tumbles lapped it up!

Great stuff!! :thumbup:

What was the occassion? C'mon tell us capies...

Ali organised the walk to raise funds for the Guide Dog Association. So the entry fees went to them. Good cause!

Ali organised the walk to raise funds for the Guide Dog Association. So the entry fees went to them. Good cause!

Awesome initiative!

Awesome initiative!

Yeah, Ali's a huge dog lover! Hope to do another one soon.

Nice happi pics for a Monday morning TW :thumbup:

And kinda cycling-related too! :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Guidedogs...had to chuckle the other day here in Stellies...I was waitng at a traffic light and opposite me was a girl wiff a guide dog...I was amazed at how this dog just sat and waited for the lights to turn...and when they did how nicely he guided...ONLY to stop slap bang in the middle of road to smell /sniff/ try to eat a piece of whatever was flatteend in the road...girl had to correct him quite quickly (which he did)...but just goes to show...a dog will always stay a dog...needs to sniff up butts etc etc. Had a quiet chuckle to myself...

Guidedogs...had to chuckle the other day here in Stellies...I was waitng at a traffic light and opposite me was a girl wiff a guide dog...I was amazed at how this dog just sat and waited for the lights to turn...and when they did how nicely he guided...ONLY to stop slap bang in the middle of road to smell /sniff/ try to eat a piece of whatever was flatteend in the road...girl had to correct him quite quickly (which he did)...but just goes to show...a dog will always stay a dog...needs to sniff up butts etc etc. Had a quiet chuckle to myself...

Hahahahahaha! Most of the goldies there were well behaved! There were some people - including Richard Durant - who "foster" the dogs for the association up until a certain age, then hand them over. That would break my heart!

I've saw a dog here once that must have been walking itself... It stopped at a pedistrian crossing and waited for the traffic (including me on my bike) to slow down before it carried on to cross the road.... No owner in sight.

I've saw a dog here once that must have been walking itself... It stopped at a pedistrian crossing and waited for the traffic (including me on my bike) to slow down before it carried on to cross the road.... No owner in sight.

A runaway? That surely does not happen often?

you can foster a dog for 2 years. During this time you have to take them to training and help with the training outside of that.

You also get a special "jacket" that allows you to take them anywhere and everywhere with you. Its kinda cool going into the mall with your dog and to work etc. Was very interesting fighting with shop/restaurant management when taking him out. Kinda like having a kid really.

If the dog is worthy, and passes all the tests after 2 yrs, you give the dog back, if it fails, you get to keep the dog, or it goes up for adoption.

Very sad having to give a dog away after 2 yrs, but someone needed him much more than we did.

you can foster a dog for 2 years. During this time you have to take them to training and help with the training outside of that.

You also get a special "jacket" that allows you to take them anywhere and everywhere with you. Its kinda cool going into the mall with your dog and to work etc. Was very interesting fighting with shop/restaurant management when taking him out. Kinda like having a kid really.

If the dog is worthy, and passes all the tests after 2 yrs, you give the dog back, if it fails, you get to keep the dog, or it goes up for adoption.

Very sad having to give a dog away after 2 yrs, but someone needed him much more than we did.

Takes a very special person to be able to do that.

For more info on how you can help:

http://www.guidedog.org.za/website_how_you_can_help/