Bottle cages

LOOK695

Try Bontrager cages with Ryder bottles , i have had huge success, in never loosing a bottle and the fit is great.

Thanks, but I am not a fan of bontrager products. It is like driving Merc cause you like it, where as Audi is just as good

Well i have learnt never to flame anything till i have tried it. Merc and Audi done them both , love them both.

Well i have learnt never to flame anything till i have tried it. Merc and Audi done them both , love them both.

Hey, we could start a new thread here: "don't flame it till you've tried it" or something like that :D

Hey, we could start a new thread here: "don't flame it till you've tried it" or something like that :D

True , or i can just tell you to go buy a bontrager cage ( not too expensive ) use it till the specialized get stock and you can be the first to write a report on both.

ps , i will be right on the cage :D

Specialized hasn't got any stock. Will only have stock in 6 weeks. :(

How many do you want, saw some in the LBS here last week? (cant remember price?)

Allow me to throw a spanner into the works...

I'm finding that during my rides, especially if you are trying to keep up with someone or it's a race, a bottle is very unpractical. You have to slow down to drink from it, lose concentration and it's a bit dangerous riding with one hand and trying to drink at the same time. It also causes me to drink less fluid than I should. So, one of my next upgrades will be a hydration pack. No more issues with bottles shaking loose!

Edited by Jacquers

depends what bottles you use...

If you get say a bontrager cage and only use bontrager bottles then it will be great.

Same with spez-spez.

Problem comes in when you mix and match, usually the nice cages can accommodate the other brands' nice bottles.

But when you use freebies from races they don't fit snugly.

IMO.

Edited by Zac.A

Allow me to throw a spanner into the works...

I'm finding that during my rides, especially if you are trying to keep up with someone or it's a race, a bottle is very unpractical. You have to slow down to drink from it, lose concentration and it's a bit dangerous riding with one hand and trying to drink at the same time. It also causes me to drink less fluid than I should. So, one of my next upgrades will be a hydration pack. No more issues with bottles shaking loose!

If it's a race then it's unpractical to use a camelback...

Maybe you should try some bmx, work on them handling skillzz. :P

Am I right in saying that the Camelbak bottles are ± R150ea.?

So if Camelbak are making a bottle costing that much, why not make an appropriate cage too.? :rolleyes:

Has anyone used bottle cages from x-lab? The gorilla and chimp cages look nice and they make water bottles with a non-spill nozzle like the camebak. The cages come in carbon finish as, but I am leaning towards white or red as it will compliment my frame

post-26136-0-71942400-1316070397.jpg

post-26136-0-52777500-1316070422.jpg

post-26136-0-04221900-1316070536.jpg

Elcheapo: http://www.bonaqua.co.za/Images/Site/pumpBottle.jpg (750ml)

R29 bottle cage & R7.50 bottle, 1st one filled with H2O :lol:

The bottle is thicker then the normal so it sits... never lost one, but did throw a few away after muddy rides, much easier buying a new one then rinsing.