IM70.3 SA

gadget

I am doing my first olympic distance triathlon tomorrow. Well, actually its only a brick session, but I am approaching it as if it is a race. This will give me a good idea of where I am in terms of my fitness for the BIG one in January. I am almost feeling nervous for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Why dont you join us at Sun City on Sunday instead. Its going to be a great day in the sun. Afterwards I'm going to catch some more sun lying on the beach at Santorini's drink some beer and spot a few of those hot tri chicks in Bikini's ... :D

Edited by Seeker911

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Year they only had 2400 entries. This year there os 3000 spots. so with only 200 spots left they are 400 more than last year already with late entries to come. It sells because its well organized,has a great vibe and some prestige when you completed it. The entry cost is anyway a fraction of your full cost to do this thing.

Are entries still open... ?

SO keen but flip no running or swimming training.... 2 months to go... dunno - could be throwing cash away - but I also don't want to wait a year.

Think will go for a run after work and see how I feel after that! :unsure:

70.3 SA now sold out! It is the biggest Ironman 70.3 event in the world. Not looking forward to the swim with 1500 others (in my wave) and also, good luck to the marshals trying to give cards to 3000 cyclists blocking and/or drafting!

70.3 SA now sold out! It is the biggest Ironman 70.3 event in the world. Not looking forward to the swim with 1500 others (in my wave) and also, good luck to the marshals trying to give cards to 3000 cyclists blocking and/or drafting!

I also read about the groups and drafting over the past weekend regarding the Sun City Triathlon. I really dont understand why it is such an issue?

90% of the marshalls probably watch the front 20% of the race with great care to ensure the ultimate winner is the fair call and it should be....

As for the rest of us who cares? IM is about competing against yourself. I for one would love to achieve that 6 hour threshold and this will be my 5th attempt.

If I draft then what will I have achieved at the end of the day? How will I really feel when I get in bed at night and I am honest with myself?

If you draft then you might just as well take a few shots of testosterone, clenbuteral (spell check!) or EPO.

Seriously, if you guys wanna draft then go for it.... Personally it will make no difference if I end up 600 or 660th because guys drafted....

There is no seeding system in IM in terms of start times like the Argus etc so what will you really achieve?

If you wanna draft then go do normal bike racing with the panzies..........

SO keen but flip no running or swimming training.... 2 months to go... dunno - could be throwing cash away - but I also don't want to wait a year.

Think will go for a run after work and see how I feel after that! :unsure:

You have 2 months and one week, plenty of time....

Start running ASAP but do it slow with like 3km per day...... Then slowly build it up. I believe if you can run 30km combined during one week you should be able to do IM comfortably. Remember you want to finish, not win it.

Swimming is easy. Just go to the gym and start. You will be amazed how quickly it pcks up (and this comes from a real crap swimmer).

The fact that you are already cycling fit will definately flow over and help the other disciplines....

Shew it getting close now. After DC its time to focus on some quality bricks!

Also hitting the bricks from now on. Did a 110km ride, 10km run brick this weekend. 5 hours dead including slow transition (racking bike on car etc). Felt OK, but if it gets any hotter than 24 degrees it will be tough!

I am doing my first olympic distance triathlon tomorrow. Well, actually its only a brick session, but I am approaching it as if it is a race. This will give me a good idea of where I am in terms of my fitness for the BIG one in January. I am almost feeling nervous for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

So I completed my first olympic distance brick session and it went really well. I enjoyed every moment. I can understand why people say triathlon is addictive. The only problem is that my ITB gave me problems on the last 5 k's of my run.

I went for a 12k run this morning and it again flared up. Only much worse! I had to stop a few times. Its timing really sucks as the next month and a half is where I increase my training intensity. I struggled with ITB before the Trans Baviaans, but nothing since. Its one of those frustrating things you can't really do anything about, but rest. :angry:

So I completed my first olympic distance brick session and it went really well. I enjoyed every moment. I can understand why people say triathlon is addictive. The only problem is that my ITB gave me problems on the last 5 k's of my run.

I went for a 12k run this morning and it again flared up. Only much worse! I had to stop a few times. Its timing really sucks as the next month and a half is where I increase my training intensity. I struggled with ITB before the Trans Baviaans, but nothing since. Its one of those frustrating things you can't really do anything about, but rest. :angry:

You need to find out why you have ITB. It can either be from cycling, running or both. Normally you can easily change your style if required with the right help.

Do it now or forever struggle with ITB..... Also get a foam roller.

I suffered from ITB a few years ago, traced the problem to my new running shoes, the mid sole of the one collapsed under pressure, shoes was replaced (for free) and I could continue running. I was fortunate, the majority of cases has bio mechanical causes and requires expert intervention.

I suffered from ITB a few years ago, traced the problem to my new running shoes, the mid sole of the one collapsed under pressure, shoes was replaced (for free) and I could continue running. I was fortunate, the majority of cases has bio mechanical causes and requires expert intervention.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that you run like a Duck?