IM70.3 SA

gadget

if it is of any help. my 94.7 time last year was 2.55 and my IM 70.3 time was 2.50. my wifes times were within 10 mins of her 94.7 time as well. bearing in mind that IM 70.3this year had attrocious weather.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents worth, you cannot compare your cycle race times to a time trial time, cycle races are more tactical, can be slow or fast, it really depends on how the group decides to ride. Time trialing in a non-drafting event is of course about your output, in other words how much effort are you going to put out for the entire amount of time. You will only know this if you have trained like this, if you understand your ability to hold a consistent pace and effort over the entire ride. I have never compared my cycle race times to my TT times, but if i had to look at my times they are actually pretty close to each other, of course route and elevation and weather conditions depending. Hope this helps, remember your effort on the bike needs to be such that it propels you into that run, if you are a weak runner, hold back on the bike and give yourself more energy for the run it will be worth it. Triathlon is not about being a top swimmer, cyclists and runner, you cannot be the best at all 3, but with all 3 combined you can find that right balance and be the best of the combination together. Go out there and have fun :-).

"This is a 90km Bike Ride in East London, South Africa. The Bike Ride has a total ascent of 697 m and has a maximum elevation of 527m."

Can't answer the rest, but I will be careful to try and target same times as 94.7. There is a little warm-up swim before and warm down run afterwards to consider in 70.3

On the ride i registered 1125m of Ascent over 92km, very tough out ride before you turn. Many cyclist's never made the cut off time

Ja it was funny but last year I did a 03h15 94.7 and a 03h10 70.3

It doesnt really make sense......

Maybe we need to consider that the 94.7 is actually 8km's longer as well which is roughly 16 minutes off.....

It makes sense to moi....you guys were stuffing around in some bunch during the 94.7 instead of putting some effort in on the front.

That's crazy.

My 94.7 time last year was 3:03 and my 70.3 time was 3:08!

Didn't do 94.7 this year so its going to be interesting!

• 3 weeks later...

So with less than three weeks to go, how is your training coming along? I missed one or two long sessions over the holidays so hopefully I dont pay to much for it on the day....

So with less than three weeks to go, how is your training coming along? I missed one or two long sessions over the holidays so hopefully I dont pay to much for it on the day....

I think I am where I want to be. Holidays never really affected me too badly. Maybe becauseI didn't take much of a holiday. I have one last big run this weekend and a pretty big brick as well and then its taper taper taper.

Cant believe its already here!!!

my training has been awesome this period, but not racing 70.3 I will be on a beach on the Mayan Riviera in Cancun thinking of you LOL, relax and enjoy guys u worked hard now enjoy the race

Edited by MDW

I am tired of all the training - cannot wait to tapper - one big pushthis weekend and one more 20km run then tapper tapper and rest rest

Cant agree more. Would like to "get the show on the road"

One thing I'm keep my eye on, is the weather. Not that I can do anything about it, but it would be nice to have some nice weather in that region.

missed 1 or 2 sessions over the xmas break, but otherwise feeling strong

got a final few big sessions then taper...

weather ! that's a gamble.. checked on weather 24 (it gives a 15 day forecast (only to 18th jan) - obviously not accurate but might give us an indication)

Mon, Jan 16 Mostly sunny. Mild. 24°C 17°C 32km/h NE 60% 26°C Extreme * 10%

Tue, Jan 17 A few tstorms. Partly sunny. Mild. 25°C 18°C 19km/h E 72% 26°C High 8mm 68%

Wed, Jan 18 Thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy. Mild. 25°C 19°C 24km/h E 68% 26°C High 13mm 94%

WHEEL SELECTION DEPENDENT ON WIND ! :unsure: :blink:

We all need the edge when it comes to IMSA 70.3.

When it comes to being aero then nothing beats a disc wheel. But exactly how much does a disc wheel cost? ALOT!

So maybe you're and awesome athlete but can't afford a disc wheel or the old lady across the rode knocked you clear off your tt bike on your way back from training and cracks your disc wheel.

We have the solution!

We can convert yourntraining wheel into a disc wheel with 94% of the aero abilities as a zipp disc wheel but at a fraction of the cost. Plus it does not crack like carbon disc wheels.

All this for R2200

Available in black and white

Email me or SMS me @0829742433

I can email you pics

Edited by Cervelo101

Anyone here planning on doing a ride in Harties/Pta this Saturday..? Wanna get a nice long (3 hrs) ride in before tapering next week...