ordering from chain reaction cycles

zork

Ordered a chain and some Look pedal 3 weeks ago, only paid duties on the chain (R80), probably as result of what AndreZA stated.. Score!

Not to be a ****, but please use the search function. LOTS of info

i recon it took you longer to reply then it would have taken me to search .

i just wanted some info but thank you for your useless input!

Ordered a chain and some Look pedal 3 weeks ago, only paid duties on the chain (R80), probably as result of what AndreZA stated.. Score!

There is no duty on bike parts, You were robbed.

I had an order delivered on Monday - it took exactly a week on the free postage deal and Capemail delivered the package to my offices. There was some clothing - a tld dh top - but th rest parts and protective gear - I only paid the Vat of R600 odd.

There is no duty on bike parts, You were robbed.

Yep, only VAT of 15.4% (10% added to value of merchandise, then VAT added on top of that)

Ordering is a breeze - my order got here within a week, and it was shipped by parcelforce. Flawless service.

How is the duty paid for - added to credit card locally by CRC or do you pay SARS/courier separately before delivery of items via EFT?

How is the duty paid for - added to credit card locally by CRC or do you pay SARS/courier separately before delivery of items via EFT?

Cash to SAPO or EFT to courier company (if they allow it).

It can be a bit annoying when they show up unexpectedly at your doorstep asking for R1439.38 in cash (and of course, they never have the correct change).

Bought a bib the other day, Only got hit with the VAT, no Customs. SAPO arent allowed to open parcels anymore to check contence so this make the hit rate a little lower. In my experience, If you do get hit Customs the items ends up being what it would cost if bought here in RSA.

Bought a bib the other day, Only got hit with the VAT, no Customs. SAPO arent allowed to open parcels anymore to check contence so this make the hit rate a little lower. In my experience, If you do get hit Customs the items ends up being what it would cost if bought here in RSA.

Surely the export code should state what the contents are? I think you might have been lucky.