Lance Armstrong is back!

gadget

Was this Xterra world champs, or just US champs?

Results:

1. Nicolas Lebrun (France)

2. Dan Hugo (South Africa)

3. Josiah Middaugh (USA)

4. Conrad Stoltz (South Africa)

5. Lance Armstrong (USA)

6.. Branden Rakita (USA)

7. Ben Allen (Australia)

8. David Henestrosa (Spain?)

9. Brad Zoller (USA)

10. Cody Waite (USA)

Superbowl? hmm...... What do you think?

To put the "Lance had a great race" view into perspective: After 22 years away from triathlon, he finishes 2nd USA athlete at the USA XTRERRA champs....

Edited by agteros

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Results:

1. Nicolas Lebrun (France)

2. Dan Hugo (South Africa)

3. Josiah Middaugh (USA)

4. Conrad Stoltz (South Africa)

5. Lance Armstrong (USA)

6.. Branden Rakita (USA)

7. Ben Allen (Australia)

8. David Henestrosa (Spain?)

9. Brad Zoller (USA)

10. Cody Waite (USA)

Superbowl? hmm...... What do you think?

To put the "Lance had a great race" view into perspective: After 22 years away from triathlon, he finishes 2nd USA athlete at the USA XTRERRA champs....

Second in a national championship of a tiny sub-discipline of a tiny niche sport. I am impressed.

Second in a national championship of a tiny sub-discipline of a tiny niche sport. I am impressed.

You the man 1track! I assume you've done well on the international triathlon scene then?

You the man 1track! I assume you've done well on the international triathlon scene then?

Actually I retract that.

From your statement it is clear that you've never excelled at anything as you do not know what effort. skill & talent is involved to excel at anything.

People who excel at a discipline do not belittle the efforts of others.

have a nice day chop!

The name reflects on someone who loves singletrack, it also gives the impression that he excels in it, so Hugo coming second is not a touch on our singletrack minded rider beating housewives at the 40 k. events.

Actually I retract that.

From your statement it is clear that you've never excelled at anything as you do not know what effort. skill & talent is involved to excel at anything.

have a nice day chop!

Agteros your wasting your breath, the anti LA suurtiet crowd are so bitter that they cannot think rationaly.

The name reflects on someone who loves singletrack, it also gives the impression that he excels in it, so Hugo coming second is not a touch on our singletrack minded rider beating housewives at the 40 k. events.

bwahaha! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

5th place at an INTERNATIONAL XTerra Event (Yes, XTerra USA championships, there would be a European XTerra champs as well, but it doesn't limit "external" entrants from taking part - heck, they take part in most, if not all of the events - they all count for points!) 5th Place is a fantastic achievement.

Tiny sub-discipline of an already small sport? Huh? Yes, not many memorable people take place in the events. But by no means is the XTerra series a tiny sub-discipline!

Not such a great result by the 7 times winner of the tour de France, the great "triathelete" from the USA. So much hype from the US media, and only a fifth place behind 2 South Africans to boot. Maybe offroad triathlon is a little tougher than the US media wants to make it. So Conrad (the caveman) was correct LA was not a real threat to him, but Dan and others were more dangerous.......

At least LA has now got a new challenge in his old age. Time to call on his old US Postal friends to deliver him to the finish line......

I am not a big Lance fan but the guy is a great athlete.To finish 5th with guys half his age is damn good.

After all he is the US age group champ.

I would love to see him at Kona on the longer distance.

The guy is a legend and did more for the sport than any "wannebe" on this forum. Love him, hate him, nobody can deny his contribution. And yes, he probably can walk on water.......

After all he is the US age group champ.

Lekker! We can add sandbagger to the ever-growing list of failings of the world's greatest ever cyclist.

<Lance, not Eddy, for the few here that actually understand cycling>

:P

I tried, but they kept banning me. Something about public indecency. Speedos are not for everyone.

With all respect, I beg to differ. The name onetrackmind indicates the inability to change his mind, to accomodate the views of others, or to learn from facts & experience. To me it indicates that he(?) is stuck in a mental rut and does not have the mental capacity for the items mentioned.

a chop he is, and a chop he'll stay.

I once met a guy who was the reigning SA snowboarding champion. Was it wrong to ask for details?

Well done Lance you old ballie, 5th is pretty good for openers.

But I have to wonder how popular Team Ferrari will be when they start winning these events. Realistically LA is likely to get better at this and then the same old questions will be asked about his performance.

Well done Lance you old ballie, 5th is pretty good for openers.

But I have to wonder how popular Team Ferrari will be when they start winning these events. Realistically LA is likely to get better at this and then the same old questions will be asked about his performance.

But they are just good friends. Lance says so.

Like Selebi/Agliotti, Zuma/Shaik,.