Lance Armstrong is back!

gadget

I have actually (his autobiography, if thats what you're reffering to).

I'm aware of the fact that he was a highly successful junior triathlete. If you're suggesting that it translates to success at Xterra, I think we'll have to wait and see.

He has a marathon pb of 2:46, that's pretty good but not in the elite category. (he came 232nd - NYC 2007).

You do not need to be a marathon elite runner to excel internationally in the triathlon / Xterra scene.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a video a while back were they analysed Lance Armstrong’s swim technique and the guy that looked at the video was a top swim trainer and he reckoned that he was at that stage already close to the top Ironman swimmers speed. And that was more than 6 months ago.

He will be fast in the water no doubt!

What the word Porsche?

I think he meant porch. Lancey must be tightening the purse strings what with all the lawyers fees and FDA agents to buy off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-pgQ-gpmNk

1min20 per 100m and that was in January this year.

We know he can bike, he’s swim should be up there and he is now idiot when he runs.

We also don't really have any reference to he's 10km run speed only he's marathon times so we will just have to wait and see but I agree he will be competitive.

But I don't think he will be able to beat the caveman!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=V-pgQ-gpmNk

1min20 per 100m and that was in January this year.

We know he can bike, he’s swim should be up there and he is now idiot when he runs.

We also don't really have any reference to he's 10km run speed only he's marathon times so we will just have to wait and see but I agree he will be competitive.

But I don't think he will be able to beat the caveman!!!

According to the Jack Daniels Running Calculator (with all thing; speed, strength, endurance, being equal) here are some equivalent times for a 2:46 marathon (a VDOT of 58.9)

Distance    Time
3000 m    09:59.7
2 miles   10:47.5
5K    	17:19.4
8K        28:25.2
10K        35:55.9
10 miles    59:28.7
20K        1:15:00.7
Half marathon    1:19:25.3

of course, these are all stand alone times, not what should/can be attained in a multisport event

but ... but... some local oke beat him in the argus....

Jeeze dude you make me doubt your cycling knowledge in a big way?

Maybe because during the Argus he tried to lead out for his teammate Daryl Impey (he said upfront already he did not come to win).

Lance has also never won a race with a sprint finish. That is not what he does. He is a climber in case you havent noticed....

Lance has also never won a race with a sprint finish. That is not what he does. He is a climber in case you havent noticed....

Not entirely true. He did win some stages by outsprint GC threats - I remember him putting Basso away twice in 2004 - and he won a sprint stage in the TdG one year. He's not a natural sprinter, but I reckon he can hold his own on a long flat sprint.

Not entirely true. He did win some stages by outsprint GC threats - I remember him putting Basso away twice in 2004 - and he won a sprint stage in the TdG one year. He's not a natural sprinter, but I reckon he can hold his own on a long flat sprint.

Are you feeling awright????

While the run would probably be LA's achilles If I was the caveman and Co. i would be a bit nervous...

I hope Xterra have a live link to the race, will be very popular!

Are you feeling awright????

:lol:

Hey, while I feel qualified to say bad things about him, I'm also qualified to say good things about him…but not too many ;)

I have actually (his autobiography, if thats what you're reffering to).

I'm aware of the fact that he was a highly successful junior triathlete. If you're suggesting that it translates to success at Xterra, I think we'll have to wait and see.

He has a marathon pb of 2:46, that's pretty good but not in the elite category. (he came 232nd - NYC 2007).

Lance will always put 110% into a race. The dude hates losing! I was lucky enough when living in the USA and training under his good friend Jimmy Riccitello to train with him over the years and had a few runs with them in 2002. I was a comfortable sub 16 min 5k road runner and could back that up in a Du and so could Jimmy. We tried hard to put the hurt on Lance during a 10k training run but failed till the very end. I sprained my ankle in the process and pulled out of a race that he entered and won it, beating another training partner Brandon Marsh a fast runner and Jason Sager a great mountain biker. Oh yeah....he entered because the previous year he had a flat and only got 6th and that didn't sit well with him.

http://www.duathlon.com/articles/2514

I think he has missed his best triathlon years but will still do well because he is a head case for losing!

Jeeze dude you make me doubt your cycling knowledge in a big way?

Maybe because during the Argus he tried to lead out for his teammate Daryl Impey (he said upfront already he did not come to win).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - I guess you missed the sarcasm :unsure:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - I guess you missed the sarcasm :unsure:

Are we talking about the oke who couldn't beat the greatest cyclist of all time at the toughest one day event in the world ?

Are we talking about the oke who couldn't beat the greatest cyclist of all time at the toughest one day event in the world ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - Minora today I see ;)

Some oke called Ned Overend didn't do too badly in X- Terra events either, he had also "retired" from being a pro XCO racer by his 40s.

Specialized sure seem to find them. ;)

he is a head case for losing!

Yep, LA believes he was born to win every event he enters. If he can't win this year he'll be back the next even more determined. Plus the testing at these events is probably years behind what you get on the Pro Tour.