Lance Armstrong is back!

gadget

The big winner in all of this will be Xterra. It's been a marginal sport for a long time and thanks to one Lancey it will make headlines all over the world and enjoy a massive gain in popularity.

Love him or hate him Lance generates loads of media coverage.

Personally I'm over the moon - Xterra should be far bigger than it is right now!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big winner in all of this will be Xterra. It's been a marginal sport for a long time and thanks to one Lancey it will make headlines all over the world and enjoy a massive gain in popularity.

Love him or hate him Lance generates loads of media coverage.

Personally I'm over the moon - Xterra should be far bigger than it is right now!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And Nothing better for our very own Caveman to beat a high profile athlete like Lance...maybe he will get some well-deserved sponsorship from this.

Still find it hard to believe that one of the most talent athletes in SA struggled to get wheels to go and race against our Elites at the SA TT champs!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And Nothing better for our very own Caveman to beat a high profile athlete like Lance...maybe he will get some well-deserved sponsorship from this.

Still find it hard to believe that one of the most talent athletes in SA struggled to get wheels to go and race against our Elites at the SA TT champs!

Agreed! I've always wondered why Xterra is not bigger - cycling is growing in leaps and bounds, ITU events are getter bigger and bigger, Ironman is growing but Xterra seems to be the australian cousin that everybody is ashamed of.

Maybe it's because you can't route an Xterra event through a city centre or that the nature of the courses means it'll never have the same crowds as tar based sports.

It's really sad that Caveman has won more world titles than Burry, Greg, Robbie and Darren put together but still struggles to make a decent living from his sport.

Loved the Caveman's tjirp on twitter the other day :D

ConradStoltz

@lancearmstrong The Hairy Leg race will be hotly contested then! Josiah Middaugh sports some seriously fast fur @XTERRAoffroad

16 Sep via TweetDeck

Jeeze dude you make me doubt your cycling knowledge in a big way?

Maybe because during the Argus he tried to lead out for his teammate Daryl Impey (he said upfront already he did not come to win).

Lance has also never won a race with a sprint finish. That is not what he does. He is a climber in case you havent noticed....

Hook, line, sinker... Hi-five Fand. :D

Not entirely true. He did win some stages by outsprint GC threats - I remember him putting Basso away twice in 2004 - and he won a sprint stage in the TdG one year. He's not a natural sprinter, but I reckon he can hold his own on a long flat sprint.

Wasn't his world title also a sprint finish? That somehow rings a bell. SwissVan?

Wasn't his world title also a sprint finish? That somehow rings a bell. SwissVan?

It was a solo break in the rain. Much fighting amongst the chasers, but he had a sizeable gap over them.

It was a solo break in the rain. Much fighting amongst the chasers, but he had a sizeable gap over them.

It was awesome to watch that race. The fat boy won the amateur championship in a sprint the day or so before.