Early morning / afternoon rides from city bowl to Chappies and back

LJDB

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a breath of wind in the CBD, but its howling further south...

splat - r u riding in seapoint area - we have a group that leaves from point gym every Tuesday and Thursday - PM me and I will include you on the invite I send out every week (if you want to join us)

splat - r u riding in seapoint area - we have a group that leaves from point gym every Tuesday and Thursday - PM me and I will include you on the invite I send out every week (if you want to join us)

Thanks.

I ride with a group from Claremont.

They go home via Constantia Nek and I carry on to Town.

Hi all

I stay in Gardens and have recently started up cycling. I've been wanting to do this ride for a while, but have not wanted to ride alone for safety reasons. How intense/serious is the riding in this group and how long is the ride usually? My cycling fitness is not exceptional yet, so I can't keep up with the intense riders. I'm also riding on my mountain bike. Would I be able to join this group?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Ok, Argus training time has begun...

From next week, I will be riding every Tuesday and Thursday.

6:00am at Cycle Lab - Top of Chapman's Peak and back.

Hard pace! (3 hour Argus hard)

I am hoping to get a reasonably sized bunch that will ride regularly to get some accountability and help push each other.

Who's in?

I am hoping to get a reasonably sized bunch that will ride regularly to get some accountability and help push each other.

Who's in?

Rydogg

Long time bud. How u doing?

We still been riding the normal days. Where u been?

Keen for the odd chappies run, but gotta be at work at a reasonable hour.

How long u reckon the chappies run will take?

Who's in?

I'm keen...... hard pace is lekker.....devil.gif , but 6:00am is probably a little late for anyone trying to make it to work. Got to leave at least but 5:30am, I think.

Hey Zula, I've been out of town for a while. I buried my road bike in the garden after the Burger to do some MTB. Just finished the Attakwas and got the 24hour Oak Valley this weekend. But after that it's back to the road.

9109 - I live in Table View, so I still have to ride to town. 5:30 will be pushing it for me.

If we leave at 6:00, I rate we could make it to Chappies and back by 8:00. Is that too late? I have flexi hours, so it doesn't bother me.

Am keen to push now for Argus training can do 6am from Sea Point and be done by 8 for work. Meet on Beach rd and corner Marais or 6:10 along your route ?

Hi all

I stay in Gardens and have recently started up cycling. I've been wanting to do this ride for a while, but have not wanted to ride alone for safety reasons. How intense/serious is the riding in this group and how long is the ride usually? My cycling fitness is not exceptional yet, so I can't keep up with the intense riders. I'm also riding on my mountain bike. Would I be able to join this group?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Hello. My cycling fitness is also not at a high level yet and I too cannot keep pace with faster rides. I would like to do both road and MTB rides as I have both bikes here in CT. Perhaps we could start our own group? :thumbup: