The sub5 - Tokai Forest FUN timed run

LazyTrailRider

just remember the surface is going to start getting loose and.. ok, ok. You're :blink: on.

Sorry, but you can't use that excuse, I've already reserved it ;)

I have to admit that the biggest excuse here (mine at least) is fitness. There's a helluva lot of acceleration needed out of the corners on this route, by the time you get to the quarry you're knackered. I need to get back in shape so that I can ride hard all the way to the bottom, tiredness sucks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I could go up a bit faster than that.

Dug around in the SportTracks archive to find a run that matched the route.

If you look close, there was a bit of a picnic held before going down the berm.

PS - I timed some of the Epic teams (from the TV broadcast), and the fastest from the big berm drop-in to where they pop back up onto the road at myroots was 4:40.

Picnic? Hehe.

4:40 sounds spot on from the berm onwards, I reckon the DH2 section probably adds about 30-40 seconds.

PorS, spill the beans, your comment clearly gives away that you were there today. What shall the entry under your name say? :lol:

4:45 - Berm down.

a dark horse, this young Jedi master is. Not to be trifled with, he is.

I'd like to see what my time is from the top of the berm. Will probably be slower than Pain or Shine, but he's been riding the same track, on the sAme bike, for the past 6 years!

Aaargh, you guys are messing with the force!

Estimate what time would've been for the section above the berm I can't, bumpiness and speed carried unknown it is.

I reckon it's about an extra 30-40seconds for the excluded bit above that, so that puts you very close to us PorS!

I actually think that the timed runs should start at the top of the berm. Otherwise the dh bikes will have bit of an advantage. I will do the track from the berm on the hardtail and the dh bike to see the time difference. It could be close i reckon.

I actually think that the timed runs should start at the top of the berm. Otherwise the dh bikes will have bit of an advantage. I will do the track from the berm on the hardtail and the dh bike to see the time difference. It could be close i reckon.

Well, I actually thought it a good idea to include that section to balance it out a bit, seeing as there's so much pedalling involved in the middle. My feeling is that an AM bike is the perfect tool overall if you include the section above the berm, it gives you a chance to use your gnar skill to some advantage.

Would be a good idea to compare though Jimmy, I borrow my brother's M3 next Saturday and do a comparative full run.

What do you guys think?

Personally i love that bit above the berm. I have ridden it at least a hundred times over the last few years. Ok include it then. Its a good bone shaking warm up!

Ok guys lets get those times up. Top of dh 2 down to the bridge at the bottom of my roots. Take the long route around the dodgy wooden bridge at the sandy section. And post the type of bike too.

Geez Jimmy, you found this forum quickly!!

I still need to link the Tokai sub gravity thread here... damn, I wonder if you are as fast on your bike??

Edited by Pain or Shine