The sub5 - Tokai Forest FUN timed run

LazyTrailRider

4:45 - Berm down.

I always thought (actually envied you) that you didn't live by the clock, now THIS! ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought (actually envied you) that you didn't live by the clock, now THIS! ;)

..have you not seen the racing stripes growing in my hair??!! I am quite proud of it. It is on the sides and a particularly contrasting shade of silver from my camo-colour brown.

:D

2. Pain or Shine - 4:45 (caveat: started at the berm only)

Hey. I saw that??!!

Ooohh, just you wait, next time I will pedal and I might even skip a jump and gain a second.. !

Hey. I saw that??!!

Ooohh, just you wait, next time I will pedal and I might even skip a jump and gain a second.. !

:lol:

Hey, fair's fair, one can't compare apples with space cookies.

Can I deduct 35 seconds off my time then? ;)

Notice: Thread moved to "thehubsa.co.za> Hosted Forums> Tokai MTB> Tokai: Routes & Trails"

Just FYI.

Cool thanks.

I fixed the caveat for you...

Grr...

Truth is I was too lazy to climb back up to DH2. I recall somewhere you said we break it up?? But I will be out there again tomorrow.

a dark horse, this young Jedi master is. Not to be trifled with, he is.

I'd like to see what my time is from the top of the berm. Will probably be slower than Pain or Shine, but he's been riding the same track, on the sAme bike, for the past 6 years!

Hey... I have secrets to keep.

Guest Omega Man

I reckon it's about an extra 30-40seconds for the excluded bit above that, so that puts you very close to us PorS!

I take about 28 seconds to do that section. I time from just above the road on DH1 (first tree) to onto the road above the berm.

Just for interest sake there's a track called the 1.04 (named after the infamous Dirt magazine 1.04) It runs from next to the road gap, over the road into dh1, down through the new section of track over the road into dh2 and ends just before you plop onto the road above the berm.

The track record is around 56 seconds. if you get a time under 1.05 you are pretty quick.

I take about 28 seconds to do that section. I time from just above the road on DH1 (first tree) to onto the road above the berm.

Thanks Omega Man, that's on your Makulu right? My estimate wasn't too far out then. On my 5.5 I think I'd probably manage 35secs (or slightly more).

PorS, if we use that logic we're pretty much tied at roughly 4:45 :)

Edited by Martin Hattingh

Just for interest sake there's a track called the 1.04 (named after the infamous Dirt magazine 1.04) It runs from next to the road gap, over the road into dh1, down through the new section of track over the road into dh2 and ends just before you plop onto the road above the berm.

The track record is around 56 seconds. if you get a time under 1.05 you are pretty quick.

Wha?? 56! Who's is that.. ? or is that a very big 'around', like 2 secs odd??

I made a comment, and I am sure Vince heard me.. beat the 58 and that earns a shuttle. I'm gonna have to make good on that!

Edited by Pain or Shine

Thanks Omega Man, that's on your Makulu right? My estimate wasn't too far out then. On my 5.5 I think I'd probably manage 35secs (or slightly more).

PorS, if we use that logic we're pretty much tied at roughly 4:45 :)

So am I gonna chase you or visa versa? We have 4 min's to beat!!

What irks me silly is that I ride with a guy who has a broken ankle, we both finished in 4:45! How bad do you and I look now??!!

What irks me silly is that I ride with a guy who has a broken ankle

You are forgetting about the guy with the broken shoulder waiting to make a comeback.....

Jokes aside, my armour is available for rent until after Wine to Whales.

You are forgetting about the guy with the broken shoulder waiting to make a comeback.....

Jokes aside, my armour is available for rent until after Wine to Whales.

OK, now you are just making me look REALLY bad...

;)

It was supposed to be that I ride with broken people to make me look good!!

Edited by Pain or Shine