The sub5 - Tokai Forest FUN timed run

LazyTrailRider

So am I gonna chase you or visa versa? We have 4 min's to beat!!

What irks me silly is that I ride with a guy who has a broken ankle, we both finished in 4:45! How bad do you and I look now??!!

Hmmmm, I reckon close competition is always better competition, good for the psyche! To be honest I was worried that you'd pull a 4:30 or something out of the bag straight away (phew, hehe)!!

I know what you're saying about feeling sheepish though, Simon rides that 100mm GT Marathon with a fork that doesn't even get full travel, and there I was thinking my 140mm of shiny plushness was going to give me the edge. Clearly I was delusional... :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried on friday but stopped halfway down for a drink and to shake out the arm pump! Need more training. Its actually a killer to go flat out all the way down.

I'm hopefully gonna have smashed the flu bug and go out for it tomorrow...

Have you managed to layeth the smack down on your flu bug Col Mayhem?

Have you managed to layeth the smack down on your flu bug Col Mayhem?

I'm afraid not bro... It laid the smackdown on me again yesterday, and I haven't stopped coughing today. Not cool. It's a strong one, this bug!

I’ve got a sneaky sneak route already, more for the XC fans.

Called Steve’s Tokai Super Circuit

Up FAERIE GARDEN, cut straight across the road to the single track that links to the top of MY ROOTS

Take the right fork down to the road, where you are back at the start of FAERIE GARDEN.

Repeat until unnecessary, if you don’t understand and need a picture drawn, then don’t bother.

I’ve got a sneaky sneak route already, more for the XC fans.

Called Steve’s Tokai Super Circuit

Up FAERIE GARDEN, cut straight across the road to the single track that links to the top of MY ROOTS

Take the right fork down to the road, where you are back at the start of FAERIE GARDEN.

Repeat until unnecessary, if you don’t understand and need a picture drawn, then don’t bother.

err, ok?

Up FAERIE GARDEN

You deserve to be taken out by one of the guys on their DH monsters. A race UP single track. dry.gif

OK, will get a into g and take an egg timer with me next time. Sorry, been a bit busy with issues on top of issues.

When are you riding Tokai again MH? Sometime in the week?

MAYHEM in your lungs! What, again??!! Stop smoking man, it weakens the immune system - and you haven't been married long enough to start sneaking in a smoke!

Edited by Pain or Shine

You deserve to be taken out by one of the guys on their DH monsters. A race UP single track. dry.gif

Ha ha, that should get some juices flowing again! :clap:

OK, will get a into g and take an egg timer with me next time. Sorry, been a bit busy with issues on top of issues.

When are you riding Tokai again MH? Sometime in the week?

MAYHEM in your lungs! What, again??!! Stop smoking man, it weakens the immune system - and you haven't been married long enough to start sneaking in a smoke!

Issues on top of issues? I feel your pain! Hopefully there's some shine at that end of that. See what I did there? :lol:

I don't have anything resembling a stopwatch either, luckily Simon had one on him last time...

May give it a go on Sunday, heading to Contermans tomorrow morning. Looks like a good weather weekend ahead!