Lights @ CWC

Grondpad

Got my lights about an hour ago. They seem to be good quality. Whoop Whoop!! Finally I can join the D&D group

Edited by Grondpad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my lights about an hour ago. They seem to be good qualit. Whoop Whoop!! Finally I can join the D&D group

That makes two of us

Excellent value considering I thought its the MJ-808 Updated version, turns out its MJ-808E with the new Cree XM-L LED.

Flippen bright

here is a little link on the differences between the two

http://www.light-test.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97%3Amagicshine-mj-808e-mj-808-eastward&catid=34%3Arowerowe&Itemid=55&lang=en

Big up CWC. great deal :thumbup:

When did you place the order & how long do you anticipate delivery to be?

Ordered thursday before last, payment was processed the next day, and they close for the weekend. The lights were collected from the supplier last thursday, and they were sent to the Hong Kong post on Friday, and the current status is "posted"

I anticipate another 10 days to 2 weeks before they are delivered, but I could be wrong.

I'll be very happy if I am wrong and they arrive by the end of the week, but that's not likely.

At the back of my light it's more of a glow in the dark button - has never changed colors even though the light got much less as the battery was running out (well I left it on low to test out when it runs out what happens).

It's a 3.7vdc 10000mAh rechargeable Li-ion Battery. The battery has no lights on it at all.

When I recharge I take the battery and I have a cable that plugs into the battery cable and the other side is a usb. The usb goes into a 2 prong wall plug which goes green when I plug the battery in and red when plugged into the wall socket.

Now I don't want to risk overcharging it but I just recently recharged it for 3 hours but am worried the red light might not go green when the battery is full.

How long would my battery take to recharge?

Depends what current your charger operates at. Send me a spec and I'll give you a thumbsuck. Also, is the 10 000 mAh a typo or proper? If it's real, then it'll take a fair bit longer than 3 hours to charge.

That said, Li-Ion chargers have a built in over voltage cut off, as do the batteries - it's law. An overcharged lithium battery can catch fire or explode. Also, water makes it catch fire. So that little light is your friend - when it turns green, it's charged. The charger will shut it off automatically, but unplug it as soon afterwards as you can, just to be safe.

(Don't get paranoid about the batteries, your phone and laptop run off them too, and unless you own(ed) a Sony Vaio from about 2006 you've probably never seen them catch fire either.)

Depends what current your charger operates at. Send me a spec and I'll give you a thumbsuck. Also, is the 10 000 mAh a typo or proper? If it's real, then it'll take a fair bit longer than 3 hours to charge.

That said, Li-Ion chargers have a built in over voltage cut off, as do the batteries - it's law. An overcharged lithium battery can catch fire or explode. Also, water makes it catch fire. So that little light is your friend - when it turns green, it's charged. The charger will shut it off automatically, but unplug it as soon afterwards as you can, just to be safe.

(Don't get paranoid about the batteries, your phone and laptop run off them too, and unless you own(ed) a Sony Vaio from about 2006 you've probably never seen them catch fire either.)

Thanks very much for the info.

It is 10 000.

The charger has nothing written on it. It's a simple plug whereby the usb cable goes into it and the plug goes into the wall socket.

Thanks so much as I was getting worried.

Thanks very much for the info.

It is 10 000.

The charger has nothing written on it. It's a simple plug whereby the usb cable goes into it and the plug goes into the wall socket.

Thanks so much as I was getting worried.

10 Ah is going to take a while, unless you've got a 5A charger (which is highly unlikely for a budget Chinese light). If after an overnight charge the light still doesn't go green, check the voltage across the terminals of the battery. Full charge on a 3.7v Li-Ion is 4.2v.

About 3 1/2 hours, give or take. If it ran off a 7.4v 5Ah battery it would be quicker to charge for the same burn time though, but the chargers are more difficult to source.

Droo, if I knew you I would buy you a beer.

This forum is so useful.

You can still buy me beer, you may just have to post it if you're not in CT B)

I'm in CPT.

There are specific forums for this kinda thing, guys... ;)

Get a room!