Lights @ CWC

Grondpad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Grebel. Have you used Dealextreme before? How are they?

I have bought a lot of stuff from them including a Magicshine MJ808 5 mode which has been going strong through winter with no hassles. Register with them, open a Paypal account and fire at will. Delivery takes about 3-4 weeks. Be prepared for vat and duties when you go to collect from the post office. I have only paid duties and vat once on the 14 orders placed.

How do you guys know when your battery is fully charged?

When it's about to die?

I have the My link

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808-ha-iii-ssc-p7-c-sxo-3-mode-900-lumen-led-bike-light-set-44459

Same light but my battery pack has no light on it or signal when it's empty or full. This is a problem as I never know how long to recharge it for.

Any help?

My work browser won't load the Nightrider picks. There is no light on my batery pack. I have the older one without the LCD. The switch on the head of my MJ808 light starts off green when fully charged, Changes to blue, orange, red and flashing red when it is really low. The charger has a small LED on the back cover. When you plug in your flat battery, iy goes red and when it changes to green, your battery is charged!

At the back of my light it's more of a glow in the dark button - has never changed colors even though the light got much less as the battery was running out (well I left it on low to test out when it runs out what happens).

It's a 3.7vdc 10000mAh rechargeable Li-ion Battery. The battery has no lights on it at all.

When I recharge I take the battery and I have a cable that plugs into the battery cable and the other side is a usb. The usb goes into a 2 prong wall plug which goes green when I plug the battery in and red when plugged into the wall socket.

Now I don't want to risk overcharging it but I just recently recharged it for 3 hours but am worried the red light might not go green when the battery is full.

How long would my battery take to recharge?

At the back of my light it's more of a glow in the dark button - has never changed colors even though the light got much less as the battery was running out (well I left it on low to test out when it runs out what happens).

It's a 3.7vdc 10000mAh rechargeable Li-ion Battery. The battery has no lights on it at all.

When I recharge I take the battery and I have a cable that plugs into the battery cable and the other side is a usb. The usb goes into a 2 prong wall plug which goes green when I plug the battery in and red when plugged into the wall socket.

Now I don't want to risk overcharging it but I just recently recharged it for 3 hours but am worried the red light might not go green when the battery is full.

How long would my battery take to recharge?

I can't comment on that light, but the MJ808 has the "glow in the dark button" as well. Mine changes colour as the battery goes down. My battery is rated at 7,8V (I think) and charges via the same plus as the light head just connected to the charger.

Have you checked the website for specs or contacted them directly for info? There should be something that came with the light as far as charging goes.

Edited by Grebel

Yeah, I ordered my lights from Dealextreme. 2 Ultrafire 900 lumen monsters, with extra bike & helmet mounts...

They're being shipped at the moment. Can't wait!

When did you place the order & how long do you anticipate delivery to be?

How handy, I get a call from the wife asking me too get lights from CWC 5 mins ago, :lol: This after she just became mates with Chris Snr/Jnr's brother.

Edited by Caerus

Would anyone recommend this Blackburn Flea front & rear lightset combo for commuter use, CWC Link

Yes. I use them. VERY bright for their size. They need to be charged quite often though. Around every three hours on the brightest setting. Other than that no complaints.

Yes. I use them. VERY bright for their size. They need to be charged quite often though. Around every three hours on the brightest setting. Other than that no complaints.

Cheers for that, just noticed they are out of stock, doh.

Would anyone recommend this Blackburn Flea front & rear lightset combo for commuter use, CWC Link

Bought some lights from Serfas that are both usb rechareable, much cheaper than the Flea set.

The front one looks like the Serfas Nightsaver with a lens so the light has more of a beam to it on the actual road if needed, has dim, high, strobe and flash.

Rear looks more like the Flea with multiple led;s but still outputs 40 lumens they say and is visible from the side.

I attach it under my seat onto the rails.