Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

The race jury relegated Ferarri from 10th to 192nd as it was adjudged as Dangerous Sprinting, GOG.

Nice

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the crashed rider still needs to make it across the finish line under his own power to be classified as a finisher.

Interestingly, Phinney was in an ambulance to the finish.

Cav took a walk with his Pina on his shoulder.

Yeah, it was but I am pretty sure it was unintentional and in the rush of the moment he made a mistake. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Riding like an idjit is intentional tho

I dont care much for Cavendish but to be fair he was taken out by a stupid manouver which considering the circumstances could have seriously hurt someone.

Being a Ferrari and Italian it will be interesting to see how the Giro gang organisors defend it as a racing incident

The race jury relegated Ferarri from 10th to 192nd as it was adjudged as Dangerous Sprinting, GOG.

Yeah, I saw.

I guess they have to set a precedent and after the furor on TV I am sure he expected it, but I dont really believe anyone go's out with the aim of causing an accident, sometimes people just make mistakes.

“I don’t know what happened behind me. I was trying to make my sprint,” Ferrari told Italian journalists at the finish line. “I do not want to cause trouble. I tried to stay on my line, but if I am relegated, I will accept it.”

*stay on my line... Tell that to the Cav*

Aw awright the gang proved me wrong....cannot be a genuine Ferrari

With further reading:

Relegated he was, from a top-10 in the sprint to 192nd, last among the lead bunch. He was also penalized 25 points and 30 seconds on GC, and fined 200 Swiss franc.

That will seem like light punishment compared to the scorn he will likely receive from his peers in the peloton.

Cav on Twit Twit

“Is the team of Roberto Ferrari or the UCI going to do the right thing? Other riders, including myself, have been sent home for much less,” he wrote, adding: “Ouch! Crashing at 75kph isn’t nice! Nor is seeing Roberto Ferrari’s maneuver. Should be ashamed to take out pink, red & world.”

Riding like an idjit is intentional tho

I dont care much for Cavendish but to be fair he was taken out by a stupid manouver which considering the circumstances could have seriously hurt someone.

Being a Ferrari and Italian it will be interesting to see how the Giro gang organisors defend it as a racing incident

Hmm, lets not see a conspiracy behind the bush here, ;) - I personally see it as an incident, I doubt he intended to cause a crash, and even though I am sure Cav will milk it dry, he has also been involved in his own share of dubious sprinting tactics over the years - hardly a paragon of virtue.

Fortunately, it's a rest day tomorrow so Phinney can nurse his ankle.

And Cav can nurse his sprinter's ego :-))

Hmm, lets not see a conspiracy behind the bush here, ;) - I personally see it as an incident, I doubt he intended to cause a crash, and even though I am sure Cav will milk it dry, he has also been involved in his own share of dubious sprinting tactics over the years - hardly a paragon of virtue.

I dunno, these guys are professionals at the pointest end of the sport.

You dont get there by riding like its the benoni world champs.

BUT lets give him the benefit of doubt, maybe he thought there was enough space and did not see the fatcavendish coming up from behind, but then he should admit that he made a BIG mistake and apologize.

It does make for good viewing tho, especialy when its the cavendish

I dunno, these guys are professionals at the pointest end of the sport.

You dont get there by riding like its the benoni world champs.

BUT lets give him the benefit of doubt, maybe he thought there was enough space and did not see the fatcavendish coming up from behind, but then he should admit that he made a BIG mistake and apologize.

It does make for good viewing tho, especialy when its the cavendish

:lol: - Ha, Ha, he says he has lost "a lot of weight recently" (his words) - I personally dont see it, but hey, my eyes dont focus like they used too either.! :rolleyes:

DSTV is really starting to iritate the **** out of me. Their schedule said that the Giro highlights would be on SS5 at 21h30. Guess they forgot about it.

DSTV is really starting to iritate the **** out of me. Their schedule said that the Giro highlights would be on SS5 at 21h30. Guess they forgot about it.

It's on at 10 now apparently. They don't get much right...

Cav' got a smashing and Ferrari was a jerk looking at the footage... bunch sprints are dangerous enough at that speed without having your wheel taken from you.

Props to the guy who avoided Cav' by bunny hopping him!