Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

Ya its hard to see just how steep that bump at the end is.. but its catagorised, just..

about like kloofnek.. shouldnt hold cav off I dont think. but my guess is as good as yours

post-1279-0-26695900-1337173786.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're pretty slow on the bike today - It's 4:45 and they still got 40km to go

Peloton are now in sight of the leaders. Just ten seconds behind them and this finale could be quite hair-raising.

15:59:14 BST

Boaro using his time trial skills here. Saez unable to match him. Impressive burst from the Italian after such a long ride so far.

15:57:54 BST
    • http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/icons/2012/02/08/SBS_32.png

And Boaro attacks. Saez sets off after him but the other three leaders have been dropped.

They're pretty slow on the bike today - It's 4:45 and they still got 40km to go

Rest day, silly.

• http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/icons/2011/03/31/attack_32.png

Boaro already has 29 seconds on Saez and over a minute on the peloton. He's been a regular podium finisher in the Italian national time trial championships at junior, U23 and senior levels.

Boaro passes the finish line for the first time, heading out on the final circuit. He is nine seconds ahead

Dennis Vanendert (Lotto Belisol) makes the first move up the climb. Back in the pack, Rigoberto Uran (Team Sky) briefly hits the deck.

His move doesn't last long and he is swallowed up. Five Liquigas riders briefly move to the front before Visconti attacks for Movistar.

Three riders have gone with Visconti as they go over the top of the climb. But in their slipstreams are Kreuziger and Scarponi. Liquigas are frantically trying to close the gap for Basso.

7km remaining from 243km

16:28:45 BST

The pack close up on the front six. We're in for a topsy-turvy couple few kilometres until the likely bunch sprint. Cavendish and Renshaw are well positioned with 7km to go, but Goss is much further behind.

Please God, don't let Cavendish win, I'll do anything you ask.

Hahahahha