Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

Cunego is the virtual leader by about two minutes and about 5 mins ahead of the peloton, with 50 kms to go...

Interesting race scenario.

Pretty sure the chasing bunch will carve up some tarmac soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruyneel on Frankie's abandoning:

“As far as I’m concerned, his physical condition is good,” Bruyneel said. “There is an injury. It will probably be a problem sometimes to stay with the best guys but it’s definitely not an injury to consider an abandon.”

:wacko:

Yip, chasing bunch wittled Cunego's virtual pink to almost nothing...

He placed himself in the breakaway move, so he is working hard to get some good result for Lampre.

Yip, chasing bunch wittled Cunego's virtual pink to almost nothing...

He placed himself in the breakaway move, so he is working hard to get some good result for Lampre.

Pity he aint learnt that the break aways almost always get caught, who cares aboout TV time (ok his sponsor does) but they could get one of the doms to do that job.

Pity he aint learnt that the break aways almost always get caught, who cares aboout TV time (ok his sponsor does) but they could get one of the doms to do that job.

At least his trying something. Other than that this Giro is pretty much a procession. Or is it just that I don't speak no Italiano. Haven't sat down to watch too much so I might be misinformed.

Bruyneel on Frankie's abandoning:

“As far as I’m concerned, his physical condition is good,” Bruyneel said. “There is an injury. It will probably be a problem sometimes to stay with the best guys but it’s definitely not an injury to consider an abandon.”

:wacko:

as much as I hate dislike the Schleck girls; Bruyneel made that statement when he was interviewed before the abandon. Let us not be tabloid journos :whistling:

Cunego is now in virtual Maglia Rosa...

:huh:

60 kms to go from 172

I was not holding my breath (been disappointed too much); to much macho bluster, no result;

yes I know, before you say it; I'm not a pro can't even pretend to be on one of my best days, but I'm just frustrated ^_^

Edited by ThaStig

At least his trying something. Other than that this Giro is pretty much a procession. Or is it just that I don't speak no Italiano. Haven't sat down to watch too much so I might be misinformed.

22km - http://l.yimg.com/i/i/eu/sp/c2.png Rabottini is giving it his all on the descent, which is frightfully narrow and twisting. Not the kind of downhill you'd want to do in a group - which is where the lone leader will have an advantage. The peloton crosses the summit at 5:44, which puts Cunego back in the virtual pink jersey. Intriguing.

Yep maybe (hopefully :blink: ) he makes me eat my words, will be about time.

The weather and tricky decent will be in his favour if he has the legs to push on for the last 22km.

Maybe he knew the weather was going to be there and planned it :eek:

Can't find the tour the Cali topic?

Anyways great to see Gesink back and climbing like only he can!!I am a big fan and i hope he shows us some good form this year in the tour.

As for the Giro,Basso is clearly showing he beleives he is the "boss" of the race by smashing hes team day in and day out.Hope he has the legs to back it up during the last week,you want to ride your team like that you better have the goods when it is time to deliver!!

Any of you guys think Hesjedal can actually take this thing?

As he is an ex mtbker I hope so, first he has to hang onto the Astana finish effort on the last climb today

as much as I hate dislike the Schleck girls; Bruyneel made that statement when he was interviewed before the abandon. Let us not be tabloid journos :whistling:

Uh, okay.

Yeah, sensationalist media.

I was not holding my breath (been disappointed too much); to much macho bluster, no result;

yes I know, before you say it; I'm not a pro can't even pretend to be on one of my best days, but I'm just frustrated ^_^

Nah, won't chirp like that.

I like Cunego's effort today. He is fighting back, despite almost getting caught.

Nice!

Can't find the tour the Cali topic?

Anyways great to see Gesink back and climbing like only he can!!I am a big fan and i hope he shows us some good form this year in the tour.

As for the Giro,Basso is clearly showing he beleives he is the "boss" of the race by smashing hes team day in and day out.Hope he has the legs to back it up during the last week,you want to ride your team like that you better have the goods when it is time to deliver!!

Yeah, me too.

Someone must've pulled the plug. Dunno.

Basso and his domestiques are pacing from the front again, as we speak.

Wonder what's discussed in the team strategy room.

Stage results again

1 RABOTTINI Matteo ITA FAR 5:15:30 0:00

2 RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin ESP KAT 5:15:30 0:00

3 LOSADA ALGUACIL Alberto ESP KAT 5:15:53 0:23

4 HENAO MONTOYA Sergio Luis COL SKY 5:15:55 0:25

5 SCARPONI Michele ITA LAM 5:15:55 0:25

6 BASSO Ivan ITA LIQ 5:15:55 0:25

7 PIRAZZI Stefano ITA COG 5:15:59 0:29

8 KREUZIGER Roman CZE AST 5:15:59 0:29

9 GADRET John FRA ALM 5:15:59 0:29

10 TXURRUKA Amets ESP EUS 5:15:59 0:29

11 NIEVE ITURALDE Mikel ESP EUS 5:16:06 0:36